Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

HBH-Redux (Also dubbed HBHRP)

The Manager
0 0

I am sure you have all heard the news about the on coming changes that we are working on for Hellbound Hackers. If not I will write all I can think of here.

HBH v2 has been taking too long in many peoples opinions, so What_A_Legend and I took up the chance to bring about major changes to the community. We have started an initiative to rebuild the site from scratch, with a custom made CMS system for the site to utilize. The site development will mainly take place within GitHub (https://github.com/HBHRP/Redux). It will be an Open Source Project and I am asking that anyone who has an interest in programming on the site, please join the GitHub and post your questions/concerns here or on the GitHub. The site's current Project Goals can be found on the GitHub Wiki page https://github.com/HBHRP/Redux/wiki/Project-Goals. If you want to review the other wiki pages please view them at https://github.com/HBHRP/Redux/wiki/_pages.

This project has been dubbed HBHRP (Hellbound Hackers Redevelopment Project) or HBH-Redux. I am sure you have all seen the posts on the "impending doom of HBH" that has had a lot of traffic of late. And I am putting it all into writing here.

The items that are in the works right now are as follows.

1) There is a server setup that I am currently working on with Richo to get it all working and able to handle what ever system we decide to code in.

2) There is a debate as to what we will use for the main system's language. Some people are adamant about using Ruby with PostgreSQL and others say they do not want to take the time to learn it so want to stick with PHP and MySQL. Hopefully if we can get some code flowing on the GitHub pages we can make a decision about it once and for all.

3) We have many people who are interested but lack time. So if you are interested and do not lack the time so much please join in and help Hellbound Hackers build a fresh system.

As a final note, I have seen a lot of feed back from many users, and we are all communicating what we think is right, and sometimes there are issues with communicating what we are trying to without issue. This is where many of the problems are arising so from now on I will read the communications over thoroughly and if I have any issues with my interpretation of what is written I will ensure that I note my line of thought so you all know how I am taking your comments.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Links don't work in the forums at the moment, just a note.

It is nice to have goals set, let's see if they get met. If I can participate, it would be during the summer. I think the chance of me participating is much less likely if it is Ruby, but I could head toward learning if I find myself with abundances of time. I am very interested in helping with this in the future.

The Manager
0 0

stealth-: Thank you for your post. I have opened it up for all programmers. So please code away, be it in PHP, Python, Ruby, or any other language.

0 0

AldarHawk wrote: 2) There is a debate as to what we will use for the main system's language. Some people are adamant about using Ruby with PostgreSQL and others say they do not want to take the time to learn it so want to stick with PHP and MySQL. Hopefully if we can get some code flowing on the GitHub pages we can make a decision about it once and for all.

Poll?

0 0

How many threads have there been for HBH that say "We are rebuilding this site, come in and join us, we're totally serious this time! We want a strong community."?

1: Hardly anybody will have the time and knowledge to join in. 2: You are an admin, you have admins to do admin things. Why not have an admin conversation (a realistic one) about getting on this yourselves as well. You need to get the work done too, not rely on the 12 active members we have to do it all.
3: I am 95% sure this will turn into another empty HBH project and promise. Just like HBH V2. (edit) I am willing to help in the PHP/Mysql coding area, but where the hell would I start anyways?

Banned
0 0

I am willing to help in the PHP/Mysql coding area, but where the hell would I start anyways?

GitHub, but the latest plan that has (in my opinion) any merit is a plan that consists of using Ruby+Postgres; you might want to arrange your dev environment to work properly with those (Git, Ruby, Postgres).

0 0

^Not officially

Banned
0 0

Hellow533 wrote: ^Not officially

Excuse me?

0 0

spyware wrote: [quote]Hellow533 wrote: ^Not officially

Excuse me?[/quote] You said the only plan you saw that had any merit, but it's not really official. We might end up with PHP/MYSQL.

0 -1

AldarHawk wrote: I am sure you have all seen the posts on the "impending doom of HBH" that has had a lot of traffic of late.

I called it "Regarding the Creeping Death of HBH." I'm glad things are changing! I anticipate the Reduxed version!

THANKS to all of the developers involved!

If I knew anything about web development, I'd be in on this too. But I MIGHT learn something about webdev by just participating. Who knows. Fuck it. I'll join just for the educational value.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WURK DEWDZ

The Manager
0 0

Okay guys, anyone who wants to get involved in this please visit the GitHub (https://github.com/HBHRP/Redux) and add your thoughts.

This is going to become a system that everyone can help with and we will appreciate all the work you put in. Please review and help out where you can.

If you have any direct questions about the GitHub, please feel free to ask them and someone will answer if possible.