Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Creating new basic chall...

Satan > God
0 0

Ok, so i want to put my mark onto the site, make a challenge :)

Iv,e stated one, you can find it at: http://www.keiran420.ueuo.com/hbhchall/

Basically you given a search to enter a user name and select a search criteria.. You have got to find the admin log in details…

I wont say much, but once you have logged in as admin, its not the end…

Try it and tell me what you think….

it is a very basic layout still…

When its ready is there any special way i need to format it, or do i simply hand in the php source?

Banned
0 0

Does your challenge convey something new, or special? What will you teach with this?

Satan > God
0 0

at the minute its fairley basic, shows a couple of things that have been shown here before… i hope to add to this, and have a couple idears, but really just getting some feedback for now…

Banned
0 0

K3174N 420 wrote: at the minute its fairley basic, shows a couple of things that have been shown here before… i hope to add to this, and have a couple idears, but really just getting some feedback for now…

You're not writing a novel. You're attempting to simulate a security breach.

Feedback is very irrelevant at this point. Pick your security problem, simulate it. Then we'll talk.

0 0

Most of this challenge is far too easy, and has been done before pretty early on in the basics. I got the user:pass for the admin, but got the 'coming from wrong url' message, despite the fact the index.php has <form action='login.php'> in the source. There are 2 pages you make avaliable to us, people.php and login.php, if neither of those work (which they dont), it becomes a guessing game, not a hacking challenge.

Also, is this a live SQL challenge? coz I tried replacing firstname with information_schema, and got a 403 forbidden. If so, I suggest you limit the options available before someone selects part of your database you didnt want them to have.

0 0

jjbutler88 wrote: got the 'coming from wrong url' message, despite the fact the index.php has <form action='login.php'> in the source. There are 2 pages you make avaliable to us, people.php and login.php, if neither of those work (which they dont), it becomes a guessing game, not a hacking challenge.

Wasn't there a realistic challenge that had you to do the same? I mean something like you have to set your referrer as some admin panel page which you had to guess. Not sure though.

But if the referrer is supposed to be something completely irrelevant, then, as you said, it's not a hacking challenge :P

0 0

Mouzi wrote: Wasn't there a realistic challenge that had you to do the same? I mean something like you have to set your referrer as some admin panel page which you had to guess. Not sure though.

It was Real 7, I think. Also, if the admin url wasn't given directly to you, it was easily implied from the original site.

To the OP, it's good that you're trying to make a challenge… Just take in all of the feedback you're getting and improve it / narrow it down. That, at least, as got to be worth 1 CP. :P

Satan > God
0 0

ok…

atm, theres 3 pages to my challange, you only need these 3… and all are in the hbhchall/ folder

index.php is the page you start on people php is the page that displays your search results, will show error message if invalid user login.php WILL SHOW BLANK SCREEN unless correct user/pass is used

and as for the guesing, all u gotta guess is 1, how the passwords are stored - easy abd 2, guess what his home site his called… hmmm… i gave u his email didn't i?… - easy!

im thinking maybe once you logged in and tricked it to coming from the url…. maybe some dmin control panel… add a few more users and make the player change the database contents somehow… try introducing a mysql command that hasnt been used yet…

Maybe making the player change the admin password… (for another hash)…

thoughts?

Perl-6 Wisdom Seeker
0 0

don't want to discourage, but as I assume that you 'made up' this vulnerability, I would say that there is enough of those challenges, and most likely what you are doing has already been covered; what I would much rather prefer is a challenge that is based on real vulnerability, ie something you have seen/found/exploited…. but the again only assuming :)

Banned
0 0

The internet doesn't need these kind of challenges anymore. Retreat your puny attempts and let real hackers devise simulated environments.

Thanks.

Satan > God
0 0

yea, ill look up on some more recant exploits, though… this IS the 1st challange i have ever made, and its still only really a working proccess… Ill find a nice little exploit that hasn't been covered here and simulate it :)

got one or 2 idears… only problem is i want it to remain a basic… where a couple of idears are leading more to a realistic….

Anyway, have fun doing this one for now, and you can only call it crap IF you complete it. :)

Satan > God
0 0

moshbat wrote: [quote]K3174N 420 wrote: yea, ill look up on some more recant exploits, though… this IS the 1st challange i have ever made, and its still only really a working proccess… Ill find a nice little exploit that hasn't been covered here and simulate it :)

got one or 2 idears… only problem is i want it to remain a basic… where a couple of idears are leading more to a realistic….

Anyway, have fun doing this one for now, and you can only call it crap IF you complete it. :)

The first one I made was better than that… It got acccepted.[/quote]

And how do you feel about that? :ninja:

0 0

moshbat wrote: The first one I made was better than that… It got acccepted. K3174N 420 wrote: And how do you feel about that? :ninja: moshbat wrote: Probably better than you do.

Ouch… Keiran: