Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Forum Voting System

0 0

Forum voting system is now up and running, althou there are some ristrictions on who can vote and where:

To be able to vote you have to have some Community Points, posted 30 forum posts and been a member for atleast 30days.

Also for regular users you can only vote in certain forums, Exclusive Members can vote anywhere you want!

To vote you klick either the Red(Hack It) or Green(Secure It) thumb images beside the quote button.

If there are no thumbs then it means you either doesnt have the requirements to vote or the forum doesnt allow voting.

Each vote will give or take 1 Community Point from the poster wich you voted on, Hack It removes one Community Point and Secure It gives one Community Points.

Now people Vote! It's a good way to see if the user brings happiness or sadness to HBH (sorry for my bad choice of words).

0 0

Great :D but how many community points does it require?

Edit: Sorry, just found it xD

You have to be registered for minimum of 30 days, have atleast one community point and completed at least some challenges to be able to vote.

Ultimate Headshot
0 0

How exactly do you get community points? I submitted a piece of news doesn't that count? :xx:

...Legend?
0 0

You get CP's for good post's now…Or back a few days ago for either coding for HBH, making challages, Writing articles, and when an admin spotted a really well written insightful post.

0 0

Yeah, you'l get CP for contributing to the community, simple as that ;)

Ultimate Headshot
0 0

I submitted the nsa backdoor news isn't that worth points? :(

Banned
0 0

Great, great job. This will be a foundation for a much bigger thing, the community.

May I suggest to display the given votes PER POST, this way everyone will see what a good post is, and which posts suck. This way, people learn.

Also, what is the limit of voting? One vote per post per user?

I hope this thing will grow.

0 1

nice idea spyware. I'll ask rootop to get that coded soon so you can see a posts score.

i also suggest if a post has a -50 score then it is automatically "minimized" and you have to click a + button for the post to open up. (like on the FAQ page) This way you avoid quickly seeing flames and makes it easier to ignore useless comments.

what do people think?

:(
80 120

Great idea, Mr_Cheese. I hate it when I'm searching through the forums looking for help, but all I get are the usual flame wars. I'm not saying that going through the forums are too much work for me, but this would be a nice addition.

I just thought of a potential problem with the whole voting idea though. What if people make multiple accounts, vote for themselves to get CP, and then bomb people they don't like? I'm sure you've got that covered, but I thought I might as well mention it in case you didn't.

On a side note, which forums can we (nonmembers) vote in?

0 1

Futility wrote: I just thought of a potential problem with the whole voting idea though. What if people make multiple accounts, vote for themselves to get CP, and then bomb people they don't like?

thats what we mean about it being abused. if it is abused we'll have to rethink the system. currently its not perfect, but we're relying on the honesty system here. this new feature is meant to help people and encourage friendly interaction. we hope it wont be abused. I'm sure the members are kind and mature enough to use the system how its surposed to.

0 0

what i was thinking is, say two people start flaming each other. so then theyll go through the others' old posts and vote each one down. if there's more than one on each side then the person's community points can dramatically go down just because someone bothered to vote down each of his posts…

0 0

What about…a time limit on the vote? And btw, its realy hard to get CP because its not often the admins are online. I know some who have given over a 20 realy usefull posts that answered the topic and more, but they stil didnt get any CP:| But with this new system, users have the chance to give cp, or take cp, so thats good. Btw, does it show WHO that voted? Could be usefull to prevent "hate-voting", where someone vote -1 on all the posts of someone so they get like -CP…

Sorry this post where a bit "humpty-dumpty" but im realy tired :angry:

Banned
0 0

bump

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

this may sound like a dumb question, but bear with me.

if someone had 30 community points and posted in the forums, and then someone hit the 'hack it' button and subtracted a point, would that person who originally had 30 points no longer be able to vote in the forums becuase they now have only 29?

0 1

yaeh thats correct. if you gain CP by a good post, but then loose your CP due to spam and bad psts.. then the right to vote is removed.