Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Broken Challenge....

0 0

I'm sure you already know, but on the off chance you do not: (due to automation or whatever) Basic Web Hacking 24 is down. You know, this has been the most difficult challenge so far because I was convinced for a minute that being 503 is all part of the act…. Which brings me to an Idea: Why not have one of the hacks present itself as something obscure like 449, which would also tell you it's on IIS? Maybe do overkill and go from 449 to 440….then back into the standard HTTP errors…..And of course, you gotta have 420 in there somewhere….maybe name that one, "Bob" or something….

Also, totally unrelated, but it seems I have a compromised nslookup.exe…….All lookups[google, twitter, amazon, etc. Things I KNOW are up and configured correctly because I can reach the hosts through the browser]…..point to this I.P. but my connectivity is unaffected…..So nothing with hosts…..point to bloody London of all places. What a strange thing, indeed….. I.P: 92.242.140.2 Anyone know this I.P.????

P.S: wouldn't happen to have any Brits around here, would we? LoL

0 0

I was really scratching my head over this one:

0 0

Huitzilopochtli wrote: Check this out, it's the same issue, the same IP, and how you can fix it. https://support.opendns.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/220007867-DNS-Updater-Shows-wrong-IP-sometimes-

I checked it out….only one problem: I'm across the Pond in America….Oklahoma to be precise, so Barefruit is not my ISP.

This did not occur before I came to this site…….I'm not saying this site or anyone associated with it is responsible, but who is HBH's ISP? I think the server hosting this site is in London, and this Barepond crap is also in London…..Like Bogey said: "All the gin joints in all the world and she had to walk into mine." Coincidences bother me.

☆ Lucifer ☆
3,050 6

Your location doesnt matter and they're not an ISP. Barefruit is a company that helps ISPs patch and break DNS software to make sure they can hijack their user's DNS queries. https://manurevah.com/blah/en/blog/DNS-Hijacking-via-Barefruit-Talktalk-and-Others

Using Barefruit for DNS and HTTP error resolution improves the user experience for the vast majority of Internet users by suggesting relevant alternatives as opposed to serving unintelligible error messages. It seems like they intercept error codes, like the ones you mentioned in your first post, and then send you to other suggested pages where they make money off you via the adverts they have there.

And its all legal apparently. lol fuck me .

0 0

rex_mundi wrote: Your location doesnt matter and they're not an ISP. Barefruit is a company that helps ISPs patch and break DNS software to make sure they can hijack their user's DNS queries. https://manurevah.com/blah/en/blog/DNS-Hijacking-via-Barefruit-Talktalk-and-Others [quote]Using Barefruit for DNS and HTTP error resolution improves the user experience for the vast majority of Internet users by suggesting relevant alternatives as opposed to serving unintelligible error messages. It seems like they intercept error codes, like the ones you mentioned in your first post, and then send you to other suggested pages where they make money off you via the adverts they have there.

And its all legal apparently. lol fuck me .[/quote]

Thanks…..so I have something else fun to do later….whatever they are trying to do isn't working all the way, because the nslookup.exe is the only part of my system affected….Resolving nameservers correctly is unaffected….

0 0

I had to set 8.8.8.8 in my DNS for DD-WRT in my router AND in the network settings of BOTH of my Winblow$ machines.

From what I can tell, my ISP allowed these crooks, Barefruit, to serve me ad pages whenever I type a domain into my browser which fails DNS resolution. Rather than the typical www.druhgviudreghiudg4rv.com=404 Not Found, it will instead TRY to serve me an ad….but this is an OLD-ASS trick, and the barefruit I.P. doesn't do shit, now. But it still makes my session drag ASS…… Anyway, I fixed it….still, though: Cox=Cocks.