Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

motherboard/video help

0 0

I go around my school fixing computers, the offset my schedule for 3 hours a day so i can do so. But, there is 1 computer that i am lost on. the computer will not show any video, the light on the motherboard comes on, but it does not beep with or without the ram, and there is no video card in it, its just using the onboard video.

1. i have tried unpluging everthing and putting it back togather, nothing.

2. i have ordered a new motherboard for it, and it still does not work.

3. i ordered a new motherboard, and told the company to test it before they send it, they tested it, i twas perfect, and i set it up and still no video, no beep. the light and the fans turn on, but there is nothing else

Can anyone help me?

0 0

I'm guessing the power supply isn't giving the right amount of power to the motherboard, maybe try a new psu?

0 0

IM guessing you have tried different monitors? lol

Ok i recomend trying to put a stand-alone graphics card in and see if you can get some video from that.

Also double and tripple check the cabling, also the monitor cables and everything!

The best way to find a problem is just keep trying different components that you know work and then eventually you come down to the problem. Try the motherboard in a different computer even, just see if it works then.

Also yes try a different PSU that seems the most likely option to try first.

Hope this helped a little.

Good luck.

Relentless.

0 0

xtrmsk8r91 wrote: I'm guessing the power supply isn't giving the right amount of power to the motherboard, maybe try a new psu?

ill test it, but this power supply was working just a few weeks ago. ill still take some troubleshooting help, ill try anything that can help

0 0

R3l3ntl3ss wrote: IM guessing you have tried different monitors? lol

Ok i recomend trying to put a stand-alone graphics card in and see if you can get some video from that.

Also double and tripple check the cabling, also the monitor cables and everything!

The best way to find a problem is just keep trying different components that you know work and then eventually you come down to the problem. Try the motherboard in a different computer even, just see if it works then.

Also yes try a different PSU that seems the most likely option to try first.

Hope this helped a little.

Good luck.

Relentless.

yes i have tried 3 differant moniters, and i took the motherboard out and rewired everything at least 4 times, i would try to put a graphics card it but its PCI express, and my school uses only PCI, and AGP, 90% AGP