Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Crashed computer

0 0

A computer of mine crashed. And one of the boot files is damaged or missing , but i don't have the the cd for reinstalling windows xp.

Can some1 help me ?

0 0

er can you start in safe mode and find whats missing?

0 0

Is that the error message you are getting. Something like: "Problem starting Windows, x file is either damaged or missing"?

0 0

My computer doesn't come that far it shows this message:

Windows can't be booted because this file is damaged or missing: \WiNDOWS\system32\c_850.nls

U can try to fix this file by starting Windows Setup from the original CD with installation files Choose 'R' in the first screen to start the fixing procedure.

It's a translation so it can be a little off.

0 0

Grab a copy of that file somewhere, off the net if need be. Boot into another OS and copy the file to that location.

0 0

The only OS installed on that computer whas Windows , or am i just being stupid now ?

0 0

n_s means boot from a linux liveCD or similar.

0 0

Can i also put it into a CD . Because i don't got diskettes anymore

0 0

Download the file to a USB memory stick or something, and boot from a LiveCD, and copy the file over. If you need to, you can burn the file to a CD (kinda wasting a disc though)