Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

need a little help fellas

0 0

my friends computer broke down a little while ago and he brought it to me to take a look at it but i have no freakin idea… its around a 2003, Dell Demension 3000 the board lights up and it powers up but it wont boot up everything turns on but nothing will come up to the screen. before that it wouldnt even power up i took the CPU out and discoverd that it had a few bent prongs so it wasnt sitting flush on the board … i straighten them and put it back and now like i said its got power but wont boot…… any thoughts would be most helpful thanks for your time

-pokjomama

0 0

you probably can't get into the bios then? does it say anything@all :right: cause we can't do much with nothing :P

0 0

i can't get any screen at all. could it have anything to do with the prongs being bent on the processor? (i can't get to the bios)

0 0

it might…due to the bending,something might've ruptered inside. but if they're not broken,it should be pretty much oke.

are the memory modules in place?are all connectors propely connected? can you measure if a current is present in a wire(if wires are alive)? i mean,it could be lots of things… i would take it all apart,and try to boot with a diskdrive,a HD and a cdrom device or something,without any cards… to pinpoint the problem more efficiently… other cards my cause this problem.

my nvidia once was f'd…it overheated,and i couldn't boot anything, i couldn't even access my bios,so….try anything you can think of.

your processor doesn't have a huge black spot on it does it? do you smell anything burned in there? are there any sounds in that box,that you should be hearing, but you don't?or:you shouldn't be hearing but you do?

i've no clue dude,what exactly the cause of this is….

darksun.

0 0

yeah and no the only sound is the fan and no other problems and no ,, no black spots on the processor.. all the wires are connected and they all seem to be live… havent tryed booting from a disk yet i was hopeing to get some sort of screen at all befor i tried a disk but yeah i guess ill just have to take it all apart *kinda sucks * i dont think that it was an overheating prob nothing seems burnt

0 0

I hope you have tried with another screen as the computer starts but you can't see anything.

0 0

If you can, try inserting a different graphic card.

0 0

Tell your friend to get a new computer…a '03 comp just broke on him..it's so old dude..lol

0 0

@echo>

i can make a pc from 97 do more then you ever thought was possible :P

you problably don't really understand,how powerfull pc's nowadays are. 50 years ago,a 286 send a guy to the moon. think about that,before you diss someone's equipment. :happy:

0 0

darksun wrote: @echo>

i can make a pc from 97 do more then you ever thought was possible :P

you problably don't really understand,how powerfull pc's nowadays are. 50 years ago,a 286 send a guy to the moon. think about that,before you diss someone's equipment. :happy:

I wasn't dissing his equipment, I was reccomending on getting a new computer because his computer broke and it might just be a problem because it's "old" - jackass. :happy:

0 0

now you are trying to insult me A?You can't!

ain't that nice.a real display of superior intelligence in here…:happy:

either way,you shouldn've felt offended by me.i was just pointing out the obvious,lil' fella:happy:

Post S:

this was my last post,in this thread,since things are going nowhere fast.:P

Attack-Vector Perl
0 0

too bad…I have so many suggestions, lol…but since you're gone I'll give one for the people who may care.

Since you fondled the pins of the CPU (I'm assuming with your bare hands) use a piece of syrafoam (spelling?) and press the pins in and out of the foam. This will clean off any oils you may have gotten on the pins from your hands.

Too bad I couldn't ask the question…Are you hearing any of the beeps from the POST cycle or can you hear the hard drive reading at all?