Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Easy PHP

0 0

i have configured easy-php on my external hard drive, and it works fine when i type in http://127.0.0.1/pagename.php, but when i type in my actual IP adresss, it cannot coneect to it. can someone help me configure this so that other people can view my pages? (i have tried to read the documentation, but i can't seem to find it in english!)

0 0

your local ip isn't hosted on the internet. You need a domain name and hosting to put up a page.

0 0

You dont need a domain name. You need to configure your router to forward port 80 to your computer. This is ofcourse assuming you are using a router.

0 0

yes we are using a router…could you help me configure it? (keep in mind that i have Easy PHP installed on my external harddrive).

0 0

Well Easy PHP is configured to only accept connection to 127.0.0.1 address if you want to host it on your network or on internet you must add a line in the file httpd.conf

It's near the line 150 to 160. You will see the following line :

Listen 127.0.0.1:80

Add after it this :

Listen [your_ip_address_from internet]:[port_u_want]

This isnt very secure to leave it as a permanent setting if you're only using your server for local test.

0 0

okay thx, that helped a lot. how should i secure this more?

0 0

which httpd.conf file should i change? there is one in the apache directory, and there is one in the main directory under conf_files? i have changed both of them, but when i start Easy-PHP, the apache server doesnt start.

0 0

Well the point of the security when you leave it open for everyone in the web is that anyone can access these data and other stuff that you don't necessarly want to share …

If you really want to create a website or other web service you better host it on an other machine that your own.

0 0

i have searched endlessly, and i cannot find any good php servers that are free. does anyone have any good links for me?

0 0

I thought you wanted to host it from your pc, now your asking for a host?

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

knutrainer wrote: You dont need a domain name. You need to configure your router to forward port 80 to your computer. This is ofcourse assuming you are using a router.

Yes, you would do if you installed php, mysql and apache seperately, EasyPHP doesn't allow you to run it as a server, just as a "testing ground", I found this out and then downloaded and installed everything seperatly

0 0

If you want an easy PHP server, I believe Xammp would be the way to go, you can install PHP, Mysql, PHPmyadmin, and Appache all in the same exicutiable file. That might be a good idea to try out.

0 0

I've used xampp before, I liked it. Very easy to set up and operate. I highly recommend it!