Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

PHP in a nutshell my %#&

0 0

ok, I got a book called "PHP in a nutshell"

obviously it is for php, but anyways. I got the windows zip file of the php compiler. I unzipped it and put it in my c drive. now, I renmaed a few things like it said (same thing just shortened it all). now, I went to go run it and typed:

c:\php\php.exe (this is correct as this is where the book told me to do so and I did EVERYTHING THE BOOK SAID). anyways, it was in cmd obv, but it went to a new line and stayed blank. I sat there for 10 minutes and still nothing. is there something I am missing? do I need to CD to this and what would I need to do exactly? any help is appreciated. also, do I need a apache compiler and mysql if I aint making a site and just learning php code?

0 0

can someone please help me?

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

If you are a beginner, I'd suggest "easyphp", google it for a download

0 0

thank you so much system! I have been trying to get this figured out forever. I wanna learn php so bad because I am working on perl as well and with them being alot alike (barely any difference that I see), I wanted to get my hands dirty in php. I was wondering htough, What kind of servers are they talking about when they say server? I looked server up on wikipedia and found out there are file servers and application servers and database servers. Any help would thanked. I am thinking of buying a server just to have and try to work with. I know they are not cheap but if I can use it to learn then o well.

Attack-Vector Perl
0 0

I hate those "in a nutshell books" too…but strangely enough, I swear by the Orielly books. I've always had better success with the Learning programming language here => Intermediate => Programming in programming language here, then for cool ideas (and if money permits) I'll get the Programming Language Cookbook. I learned Perl very easily using those books.