Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

slow start-up

0 0

i have a slow start-up, which takes about 1min to start up on windows XP pro. this is far too long. i also have a light-up USB keyboard, and after about 30 seconds, the the light either turns off or it blinks off for a few seconds and comes back on. i just recently fixed some errors in the event viewer, so there is no errors in it. and my startup in msconfig is my antivirus, my graphics drivers and the integrated mobo sound. any thoughts?

0 0

How much ram have you got? Windows XP need 256 minimum

My fastest boot time was 21 seconds from cold :D but that was with 2 and a half Gb of ram which wasn't mine:p

0 0

Well, I just hybornate my laptop and it starts in 6 seconds.

0 0

i have 2 gig of RAM and an AMD 64 3800+ X2 processor

0 0

ur lucky that it only takes a minute, my computer takes like 20 minutes to boot up

0 0

hahaha, i love walmart….my computer has a hundred sumtin mb ram, and it runs windows xp….they sold me a computer which doesnt have enough ram to run with what it came with…..so now my paging file is massive, and still overflows every now and then…..

0 0

GODD wrote: hahaha, i love walmart….my computer has a hundred sumtin mb ram, and it runs windows xp….they sold me a computer which doesnt have enough ram to run with what it came with…..so now my paging file is massive, and still overflows every now and then…..

yea, they barely sell the bare minimum so they can save a few bucks.

and when i say slow start up, i mean when it shows the windows xp loading screen

0 0

Well that could possibly be a software problem. I suggest backing up only important text files and formatting. Reinstall the OS and put the files back on slowly install the applications you had previously especially the downloaded ones keep checking for ay dips in performance. Also a full proper and HONEST defrag does a supprising amount of good.:D