Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

graphics card

0 0

the computer i build has a asus extreme nvidia 6600 graphics card and the fan is starting to go in it. so i took the old fan off it, cleaned up the heat-goop stuff and went to switch fans only to find out the fan isn't the exact size to fit. so i took off the new fan and started to take off the silly-pad and i think i took a small chip out of the chip it self when i was cleaning it up. well anyways i put a new silly-pad on and put the old fan back on. and ever since then, when i play games, the computer will freeze freeze and reboot itself. i thought it was heat, so i bought a PCI duel fan card that blows heat directly onto the card and it still happens so i'm sure it's not heat. now my question is this: is it the silly-pad that's not conducting heat good enough or did the chip i nicked cause this?

The Manager
0 0

It could be a few things. not only will the Graphic card cause freeze and reboot man.

but I have a card with chips out of the card. It is just fine. I would suggest using a conducting grease instead of sillypad. the grease will help with conductivity and get rid of a lot of heat. Also make sure the fan is properly on the card. any small amount of gap could cause the card to overheat.

NOTE: if you remove the heat over-ride in your BIOS this will not happen…but then again you could fry your card, motherboard and even some RAM this way (TRUST ME ON THIS!!!)

0 0

lol, i'll trust you on that.

i'll try it when i get a chance.