Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

hardware?

0 0

ok, i had a post on my startup "hanging" for abuot a minute. someone had wanted to know my motherboard and chipset so here it is.

Asus A8V-E SE and a Via K8T890 chipset. the chipset has the newest drivers since i just got them about a week ago.

0 0

SUGGESTION: Try disconnecting all external peripherals, or unneeded internal peripherals, then reboot the PC (with only bare minimum hardware, and see what happens.

0 0

well, we had discussed using the admin tools to look for errors in the log and there was plenty. we came to the conclussion it could be my keyboard(it's a UBS programmable keyboard). when i tried to install drivers for it, it said that there was a missing entry and an invalid INF file or something along those lines and something to do with it being made for windows 95 or later. when i downloaded the drivers off the website and tried to install them, the installation didn't find the keyboard.

edit: also should note that in the device manager, the keyboard turns up a yellow !, but when i uninstall it using the device manager, it disappears from the task manager completely, not really leaving me a way to install the drivers.

Edit again: here's the exact windows message:

The driver installation device is missing a necessary entry. This may be because the INF was written for Windows95 or later. Contact your hardware vendor. i also tried a new keyboard but same problem.