Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Windows Movie Maker...!

0 0

Well, this MAY not be the right place to post this, but I'll let the powers that be sort it out. :D

Anyway, i'm having a slight problem with Windows Movie Maker. I'm to a point where I have a movie that is approximately longer than 3 minutes and 30 seconds, and whenever I try to add a clip to the timeline, I get the 'Windows Movie Maker has encountered an error and needs to close. sorry for the inconvenience.' (Yeah, Bill, I'm SURE you're sorry.) Anyway, is there ANYTHING I can to to maybe repair this problem? I'm running Windows XP on a Dell Dimension 1100, I defrag every day, and didn't encounter this problem until about a month ago.

p.s. I even seem to recieve that error message when I open a NEW project, and try to watch/add new files.

I'm really thinking of ripping my case apart, and using it as a target for my .308… (but then, where would I be? :D )

The Manager
0 0

Try a 'Detect and Repair'

Failing that how about updating to the latest Service Pack? All Updates?

More info is needed about your machine. Running Windows XP on a Dell is not really a good description. What Service Pack are you at? What other softwares that could interfere are running? How much RAM? What all is running in the background? More (like I said)

What is the CPU utilization of the machine? Memory usage? How often do you over take your RAM capacity and run into your SWAP area?

These can all effect the issue that you are running.

Then again It could just be BILL saying "NO MORE MOVIE FO' YOU!" but without the other info no one can really tell :)

0 1

also, tink back to when it started happening. did you install any other programs? remove any DLL's or codecs?

depending on how much work you have saved since then, might be worth considering a system restore.

0 0

Well, I have 512Mb of RAM on my motherboard, WINXP SP2, with all the updates so far, and I haven't removed any .DLLs (how I hate them so.) or codecs, and my CPU usage is almost always below 40% constant, (unless I'm running BF 1941 w/ FRAPS.) I recently "Borrowed" Pinnacle Studio 9 from my School, and that worked well, apart from the fact that i'm not used to it, and my file from WMM would be a lost cause… So I'm just a bit confused as to the fact that I have a healthy computer, I use TOR (the onion router) And Hide IP platinum, so I haven't too much of a clue why Movie Maker doesen't like it when I add new clips, or view the movie within the program.

Ah well, I'll just settle for Pinnacle, it seems better, and one less M$ program I get to stop using! ;-)

Thanks for the help, anyway!

The Manager
0 0

if you have Pinnacle WHY on earth are you using Movie Maker? Movie Maker is a free software that allows people who do not want to pay $$ for software (and NOT Pirate it ;) ) the ability to make basic movies.

Yes Use Pinnacle. It is FAR better than MM