Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

cd/dvd drive Problem

0 0

Ok this is the prob, When i was on Windows one day i realized that my cd burner aint working, it reads the cd/dvd but when i start buring it gets all messed up or it says buring completed or soomething like that but when i open the files its blank! Theres nothing on the cd.. i didnt worry about it for a few days. After a few weeks i decided to backup my junk and reformat and now im on Ubuntu. Damn thing still aint working:S

Anyone know what i can do? Thanks

0 1

well, although this might not be your problem, i'll post anyways.

i have a similar problem, where whenever i burn a dvd, the data is sometimes corrupted or poorley burnt.

My final conclusion is that the laser is broken / damaged / scratched. I havnt got around to taking apart my dvd burner yet. but perhaps you could try inspecting to see if its a problem with a laser.

0 0

I recently had to replace my dvd burner for that reason - the laser was messed up.

Seems to only happen to dvd writers though, never cd writers.

0 0

It might be the laser but it reads the cd and dvd's fine, the probblem only comes up when i start burning. i burned a cd on my laptop and the pc reads it fine. Visaversa, when i burn a cd on my pc the laptop (and the pc itself) says that its a blank cd

0 0

couldnt it be the software your burning the CD with? because if the software is corrupt i dont think it will burn the CD properly…. obviously lol 0.o

0 0

I dont think its the programs,. ive used 3 kinds of progrms in windows and the default one on linux. If its the program that means i have realy bad luck with burning programs:p

Thanks for the help tough, anyone else got some segestions? (My last resort would be replacing it )