Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Command Prompt probs

0 0

okay, when ever something needs to open in a command prompt of any sort it quickly opens than closes no matter what, (Commands prompts like : DOS, Python etc.) this problem is really becoming annoying and i would like to know if there is a way to fix this cause its really beginning to get annoying.

0 0

If the program automatically quits, then the DOS prompt will close when it quits. A way to wor around this is to execute them through the command prompt, rather tha double-clicking on them.

0 0

meaning go start-run-cmd

type in cd \ cd navigates you thru directories. so to locate your file type in all the directory paths to get there. cd program files/activision

to view the directory contents just type dir incase you get lost. if you went in a wrong directory just type cd .. the moves you up one directory when your in the correct directory just type the file name and it should open

0 0

yah a solution to the problem would be to run them manually by opening the command prompt and such, but that kinda starts to get annoying is there anyway i can stop it from closing when i excecute the file from the desktop?.

0 0

make a batch file i guess..

@echo off
program_name.exe
pause

replace program_name.exe with the program name

0 0

i'm having different problems with the command prompt. Whenever I type ping, netstat, or anything to do with the internet in the command prompt it says an error. i have tried everything that i can think of. I went to google and searched for help, but to no prevail. Will someone please to help me out?

0 0

oh yeah, the error says command prompt - netstat the NTDVM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction. CS:0dbb IP:0104 OP:ff fd 1f 58 5d choose 'close' to terminate the application. it gives me the option to close or ignore, and ignore just does the same thing as closing it

0 0

Well you need to give a little more info. Like is it a school computer? If its at your house,is it the only computer on the network? If its at school,does your network admin have it disabled? Or does he/she have it set up so that no 2 stations can connect to each other at a single givin time? You need to figure out your setup,and your network configuration then Im sure someone will be able to give suggestions.

0 0

Did you try and run NTVDM.exe ?

0 0

i have tried almost everything now, it does it on dial up, dsl, and cable. i repaired my xp installation and to no prevail yet again, i think i'm going to use the recovery cd this time to format the hard drive

0 0

Well i'm not sure if this can help you out but it seems that there or 2 different command lines in XP

I'm not sure with one didn't work (they bouth work now) but try: CMD or command

mayby there is a difference in the using of KAPITAL LETTERS or not? or add .com or .exe ?? i'm not sure about those suffix.

0 0

they both work! command.com - is like the original MS-DOS command line cmd.exe - a newer more supportive command line

0 0

there was a time that command.com didn't work for me but its fine now i guess it wasn't that big of a problem i still had cmd :)

0 0

yeah, I am having the same problem. When I start cmd or command, it starts up, then closes. I have to put .exe after it to keep it on the screen. then, when i try something like ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx it does this….

microsoft windows xp [version 5.1.2600] <C> copyrighted ……….

C:\documents and settings\mynamehere> ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

C:\documents and settings\mynamehere>

thats it! when i do the ping then ip and hit enter it just acts like its starting to, then resets…. above is exactly how it looks. it does the same for netstat(s) and all other commands i have tried. what is wrong with it? what am i doing wrong?