Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Custom resolutions in linux...

0 0

I've recently done a hard drive install of BackTrack4r2 on a netbook that I didn't have an OS on. I chose this because I do some pentesting on my network and a couple of my friends.

For people on here who haven't used it before, the command krantray brings up a menu which lets you change the screen resolution. It only lets you choose from three different preset settings, and the resolution that would fit everything on that netbook is not on that list. (Some tall windows sort of hang off the bottom of the screen. :/ )

What konsole commands could I enter to get a custom resolution not on that list, or which file would I have to edit to do this? My apologies if I should have posted this with a different thread topic, I just though "Troubleshooting" seemed to suit it best.

Thanks. :)

Not Just a member
0 0

Night_Stalker wrote: I've recently done a hard drive install of BackTrack4r2 on a netbook that I didn't have an OS on. I chose this because I do some pentesting on my network and a couple of my friends.

For people on here who haven't used it before, the command krantray brings up a menu which lets you change the screen resolution. It only lets you choose from three different preset settings, and the resolution that would fit everything on that netbook is not on that list. (Some tall windows sort of hang off the bottom of the screen. :/ )

What konsole commands could I enter to get a custom resolution not on that list, or which file would I have to edit to do this? My apologies if I should have posted this with a different thread topic, I just though "Troubleshooting" seemed to suit it best.

Thanks. :)

Firstly unlucky, BT5 just came out. Secondly running BT as your primary OS, really?

As for your problem, I doubt that any drivers support fully custom resolutions anyway (xrandr -q will list all supported resolutions for your driver); so upgrade the driver to the latest release and hope that it supports the resolution you are after ;)

0 0

Firstly unlucky, BT5 just came out. Secondly running BT as your primary OS, really?

As for your problem, I doubt that any drivers support fully custom resolutions anyway (xrandr -q will list all supported resolutions for your driver); so upgrade the driver to the latest release and hope that it supports the resolution you are after ;)

Lol. BT5 coming out after I install. Fail. xD

[off topic] I just figured I use it alot on some networks, so I figured I'd install it since the netbook didn't have an OS On it. I think I might just get rid of it and put on something else on it.. I never really liked it too much, aside from the fact that its ready out of the box for pen testing.. I think I might install Fedora on my netbook, instead.. I have another netbook without an OS. It only has about 4 gig hard drive. (I traded it for a 4 gig flash drive. Lol. ) I'm thinking since that one has so little space, maybe I'll just put Damn Small Linux on it, or maybe U-Lite. Not sure on UbuntuLite though (now called U-Lite?) . I remember the first distro I tried was Ubuntu, and I hated it. >_< [/off topic]