Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

McAfee virus scanner

0 0

I have service for 2 more years on McAfee but for some reason for the last month or so my virus protection and web protection has dropped. I tried the fix button and I tried the configurations but I just get an error saying Settings can not be fixed because of an error. No error number code nothing. I have posted about it on the McAfee forums but they gave me a run around try reinstall blah blah blah I did reinstall everything and still no go. I am thinking I have a Virus or two. Anyhow does anyone know of any good free virus scanner/removal tools that I can download? I have Nortons AntiVirus 2005 but it wont install on Vista…

Admin from hell
0 0

Use the McAfee virtual technician it should repair any problems you have.

0 0

Nope i tried it.

Admin from hell
0 0

Then you got jacked. Installing another A/V sounds pointless at this time. Uninstall Mcafee (Use the Mcafee clean up tool after you uninstall it) Then download and run combofix, It will clean any shit out. Then reinstall Mcafee.

0 0

I tried but ill try for a third time. Maybe that will be the Charm. Thanks

0 0

It doesnt look like they have a x64 combofix but I downloaded another spyware removal tool I hope that will work.

Admin from hell
0 0

Shit, Should have asked what os you had. Use malwarebytes works well on 64 bit.

0 0

Cool man, thanks for all the help.

0 0

Fixed! Factory Reset woot…