Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Every program crashes in Olly on Win7

0 0

Howdy,

I've been using OllyDbg for a couple of weeks now, and everything has been working well. Recently (today) I was working on a program and when I opened it to run it, Windows said the program crashed. Not Olly, but the target.

I thought it just might be a corrupt target executable, so I attempted to use two other programs (which I'd previously cracked), still no prevail. Does anyone have an Idea of what would be causing this?

In the detailed section of the crash report, the classification is explicitly APPCRASH.

Any help would be appreciated.

One side note: I changed Olly by adding a new .ini file for preset preferences and made a new UDD and Plugin folder. It worked after that though, so I don't think I invoked a bug.

0 0

Have you used Olly on win7 before?

0 0

kenneth_nap wrote: Have you used Olly on win7 before?

I have. I've been using it all this time. It's just now that it crashes when ever I start the program. I can load it up, so it's in the paused state. But as soon as I hit F9, it's crashed.

0 0

You might try going back to Olly's previous settings, or reinstall Olly.

0 0

Problem solved. I deleted the .ini file, and Olly created a new one. Surprisingly, it kept my appearance preferences too! Everything works fine now. I hope it stays that way.

Thanks.