Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Linux Server UID Permissions Issue

0 1

Hello everyone,

Here is a problem I have and looking for some suggestions.

2 accounts on a server.

1 account works perfectly fine. User is the account name, and group is root. (main account on server)

1 account has issues with creating files. directories it can create fine, but wont allow any creating of files due to permission error.

User is the acconut name, group is psacln (some plesk config setting or something?)

Files are created fine via FTP etc, but its when files are created via a script (running with user apache - the default user when running files).

The error given states the UID of the person trying to create the file (user: apache) do not have privs to create a file in the user directory.

Even chmodding a directory / file to 777 still wont let it create files.

SuExec module is installed and working fine, setup correctly.

a temporary fix has been to chown the whole folder to owner:apache, group: apache.

Not the ideal fix! as then the user cannot create files as it does not have privs!

I think we even added that user to the apache group and it still won't create files when chown'ed to that user.

Hope I'm making sense. Root op might be able to explain it better as he's been helping me with the issue.

Any ideas? Suggestions? Things to try? Anything?!

Banned
0 0

ls -l|grep %filename%

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

Have you tried becoming root with su? Or using sudo to execute your commands? Regardless of whether or not it should work without doing that, it could be helpful to know whether those commands make any difference.

Admin from hell
0 0

Pretty sure in plesk you have to add your user account to psacln, Use: /usr/sbin/usermod -a -G psacln "User account" Then change permissions from there.

Check the etc/group and etc/group files to see if your "user" was added, Should read: psacln:x:2524: "user account". If not you can manually edit it.

0 0

OMG did Richo die? Sorry, totally pointless…