Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network

0 0

I get the message "Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network" on my spare Windows XP computer. I recently bought a new D-Link DIR825 wireless G/N router. I am using a Linksys WUSB54GS adapter [G only] to connect to the wireless router. This normally works, except this is a brand new OS install. I do new OS installs on this computer about once a month. This time, it's not connecting. Help? D: All google/yahoo searched articles are too old to apply to my situation.

Banned
0 0

undead18 wrote: I get the message "Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network" on my spare Windows XP computer. I recently bought a new D-Link DIR825 wireless G/N router. I am using a Linksys WUSB54GS adapter [G only] to connect to the wireless router. This normally works, except this is a brand new OS install. I do new OS installs on this computer about once a month. This time, it's not connecting. Help? D: All google/yahoo searched articles are too old to apply to my situation.

Can't compute.

Seriously, can, not, FUCKING, compute. The hell, WHAT? Why are you reinstalling XP (XP!?) each month? (XP?!)

Also, learn to use search engines.

0 0

Alright I'll admit I typed that fast, let me try to reconstruct.

Every month or so, yes, I re-install XP on a spare computer. Not because I am paranoid with it, but because I play around with registries, practice commands in .bat files, and such. It's a good learning method, for me at least. Usually, I screw something up on the computer, but it's not a big deal since I nuke it and reinstall Windows XP from one of my all-in-one discs.

It's not a periodic thing, I don't do it on a specific day. I just do it whenever I've messed up the computer enough where it doesn't run correctly any longer.

Last XP install, the setup with my wireless router and adapter worked fine. For some reason, this error keeps popping up and I can't seem to fix it. And I searched through 5 pages of Goggle and all the answers were outdated and/or didn't apply to my situation, as in I couldn't choose the given options. Just because I can't fix a problem doesn't mean I didn't search for an answer first. :/

Edit: Fixed a typo

0 0

If you're having the problem I think you're having, then all you have to do is click a little button that says, "add certificate."

I have to do this at school every single fucking time i want to go online.

It doesn't sound like its that simple though, and if so, we need more details about your problem.

0 1

undead18 wrote: Alright I'll admit I typed that fast, let me try to reconstruct.

Every month or so, yes, I re-install XP on a spare computer. Not because I am paranoid with it, but because I play around with registries, practice commands in .bat files, and such. It's a good learning method, for me at least. Usually, I screw something up on the computer, but it's not a big deal since I nuke it and reinstall Windows XP from one of my all-in-one discs.

It's not a periodic thing, I don't do it on a specific day. I just do it whenever I've messed up the computer enough where it doesn't run correctly any longer.

Last XP install, the setup with my wireless router and adapter worked fine. For some reason, this error keeps popping up and I can't seem to fix it. And I searched through 5 pages of Goggle and all the answers were outdated and/or didn't apply to my situation, as in I couldn't choose the given options. Just because I can't fix a problem doesn't mean I didn't search for an answer first. :/

Edit: Fixed a typo

Next time, just install XP on Virtual PC or Virtual Box, it's much easier if you muck around with Windows a lot, saves time from having to reinstall Windows on your computer.

And I'm not entirely clear on your situation, but what I can gather is that you just bought a new wireless router, and use an adapter to connect to the router.

I assume that up until now, using your current adapter and previous router, everything is ok until you bought a new one and reinstalled Windows.

Is there any issues with it before you try using the new router? try using your previous router, maybe you can see where the problem is. Or have you been using the new router, and it works fine until you reinstalled Windows?

0 0

fuser wrote:

Next time, just install XP on Virtual PC or Virtual Box, it's much easier if you muck around with Windows a lot, saves time from having to reinstall Windows on your computer.

And I'm not entirely clear on your situation, but what I can gather is that you just bought a new wireless router, and use an adapter to connect to the router.

I assume that up until now, using your current adapter and previous router, everything is ok until you bought a new one and reinstalled Windows.

Is there any issues with it before you try using the new router? try using your previous router, maybe you can see where the problem is. Or have you been using the new router, and it works fine until you reinstalled Windows?

Awesome, I had no clue about Virtual PC. I am going to download that and install it later tonight. :)

I am running a simultaneous 2.4ghz and 5ghz on two separate networks, from the same wireless router. As far as I know, it's running both the G and the N on 5ghz, because on G I get around 130 or so MBPS up-time. Anyways, I am unable to connect my little Linksys G adapter. I am attempting this all from that same computer that runs XP. This has happened once before, and it was from the last time I installed XP (lol). Except, after 4-5 PC restarts (as in shutting off and turning back on, not reinstalling) it fixed itself. I hadn't messed with any registries either. I was simply try to get it to work last time and it fixed itself by logging me onto the internet. Weird, right?

Banned
0 0

undead18 wrote: Awesome, I had no clue about Virtual PC. I am going to download that and install it later tonight. :)

For the love of computing, don't install Virtual PC!

You're much better off installing either VMware or Virtualbox.

If you're completely new the world of virtualization, I'd recommend Virtualbox. It's very easy to run and configure.

0 0

spyware wrote: [quote]undead18 wrote: Awesome, I had no clue about Virtual PC. I am going to download that and install it later tonight. :)

For the love of computing, don't install Virtual PC!

You're much better off installing either VMware or Virtualbox.

If you're completely new the world of virtualization, I'd recommend Virtualbox. It's very easy to run and configure.[/quote]

Oh alright. Thanks, I appreciate the heads-up and advice.