Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Port Forwarding

0 0

Before I explain my problem. Let me show you the setup to my house.

Internet from ISP —> Scientific Atlanta 2203c Modem –> Dlink Air plug G wireless router (DI-524) —> My laptop

Alright. So it goes like this, I attempt to port forward on my wireless dlink router. And its never works, I have asked for help and searched Google. Followed tutorials from port-forward. Tried automatic port forwarding software. Got help from some friends on teamviewer. All to no avail.

So after awhile I came to the conclusion that maybe I was doing it right. And that the modem may have something to do with it. So I searched google for default login information. And it worked, in some sections. Just not the advanced pages section. Which I can only assume has what I need in it. Google brought up other people with similar problems and no answers, the only logical one being that our ISPs changed the default information for our modems.

A solution or idea would be great if you guys could assist me in this problem of mine I would appreciate it greatly. If you are looking up some scientific Atlanta sites and you see a guy named "fury m" that sounds like he has the same exact problem as me. Thats because that is me. (I have ESET as an anti virus by the way, and I cant find any kind of settings in there that may be blocking this.)

0 0
  1. What type of internet connection is it?
  2. Does it work with the router in place (w/o port forwarding)?
  3. Does the system you're trying to port forward to have a static IP?
  4. What, specifically, are you trying to use port forwarding for?

0 0
  1. What type of internet connection is it?
  1. Does it work with the router in place (w/o port forwarding)?

2. Does the system you're trying to port forward to have a static IP?

3. What, specifically, are you trying to use port forwarding for?

4. Road runner (Cable)

5. Does what work? The current setup to get internet works if thats what your asking.

6. Its static. But even if it was dynamic I would use no-ip software.

7. Remote access tools, like VNC. I can never connect to anyone. And yes, the servers are setup correctly. (And you know theres a problem when you have both people trying to cooperatively get it to connect.) I forgot to add this in the first post.

0 0

**Fury Reaper wrote:**So after awhile I came to the conclusion that maybe I was doing it right. Hehe, first mistake… lol Maybe a little brief on HOW long this time period was would back up that sentence.

0 0

@fashizzlepop

Around two months ish, I have not made this top priority. Just something I have been trying to get going on the side. And its really irritating me, and unless tutorials from port-forward are wrong.. Then its not just the wireless router giving me troubles.

0 0

Zephyr_Pure wrote:

1. Does it work with the router in place (w/o port forwarding)?

Fury Reaper wrote:

1. Does what work? The current setup to get internet works if thats what your asking.

It's not rocket science… I asked a very specific question. "It" refers to your connection with the router in between your PCs and your cable modem. Not difficult to answer.

Zephyr_Pure wrote:

1. Does the system you're trying to port forward to have a static IP?

Fury Reaper wrote:

1. Its static. But even if it was dynamic I would use no-ip software.

You… really have no clue, do you? "No-IP software" isn't going to help you with port forwarding on your internal network, guy.

Zephyr_Pure wrote:

1. What, specifically, are you trying to use port forwarding for?

Fury Reaper wrote:

1. Remote access tools, like VNC. I can never connect to anyone. And yes, the servers are setup correctly.

Just so we've got this covered, too, you don't have to port forward traffic leaving your network… only the inbound traffic to its preferred destination. I want to say that VNC uses port 5901… but, I don't remember for sure. Regardless, just research it, find the ports, set up the forwarding on the destination router, then fire up your VNC Viewer and connect to the external IP.

0 0

1.It's not rocket science… I asked a very specific question. "It" refers to your connection with the router in between your PCs and your cable modem. Not difficult to answer.

2.You… really have no clue, do you? "No-IP software" isn't going to help you with port forwarding on your internal network, guy.

3.Just so we've got this covered, too, you don't have to port forward traffic leaving your network… only the inbound traffic to its preferred destination. I want to say that VNC uses port 5901… but, I don't remember for sure. Regardless, just research it, find the ports, set up the forwarding on the destination router, then fire up your VNC Viewer and connect to the external IP.

1. Well, sorry for not being able to figure out with "it" was referring to.
    And yes, everything works. If I could not connect to my wireless router. I would not be capable of being on unless I wanted to camp next to the modem.

2/3. Well, wouldnt it kind of defeat the purpose of asking a question if I knew exactly what I was doing? I did not come here as a first resort, I have done everything I can think of with no success. Therefore I came to ask for assistance. The no-ip software will help if my IP were to be dynamic. However I re read what you asked again. And this time it came to be different than the first time I read it. I was under the impression these RATs went like this.

You forward the port on your computer to see when connnections are opened. Then you send the server to whom you are trying to connect to. Once the server is run on another computer. It shows the connection and you are allowed to connect. Thats why I thought the no-ip software was important, because if my IP changes then the servers on another computer keep sending the connections to the IP I used to have.

I am trying to understand all this. I am not trying to just be "spoon fed information" as a lot of people around here try to do by the sounds of it. I have looked around and researched for awhile. Sorry if I am not the most knowledgable in this and ask questions that you find to be more simple than I.

0 0

I'm not bashing you… I'm trying to make you understand that your logic concerning port forwarding is wrong. Here is the concept involving VNC and port forwarding:

1. Install VNC Server on the destination machine.
  2. Configure port forwarding on the destination's router to forward VNC to the destination machine.
  3. Use VNC Viewer to connect to the destination router.

Important points to note:

1. No port forwarding is necessary on the network you are sending the request FROM.
  2. No-IP software will enable you to access a remote network even if it has a dynamic IP.
  3. No-IP software will NOT enable you to access the destination machine if it has a dynamic IP.
  4. You must set up the destination router's port forwarding to forward to a static IP on the destination network.

Line of Communication over VNC:

VNC Viewer (to Destination Router) –> Your Router –> Destination Router (Port Forwarding) –> VNC Server

Does that help more? Post back with any additional concerns.

0 0

Is that the same concept for all RATs?

0 0

Fury Reaper wrote: Is that the same concept for all RATs?

It's the same concept for all programs that are making an inbound connection to an internal network, yes. If the traffic wasn't initiated from inside the network, then port forwarding is needed to guide the traffic to its destination. That is why a program like netcat works without port forwarding… it initiates a connection back FROM the destination.

So, basically… yeah.

0 0

Alright, thanks man. If I cant get it going, Ill PM you.

0 0

Fury Reaper wrote: Alright, thanks man. If I cant get it going, Ill PM you. Nah, just post in this thread… it helps everyone to learn from your problems.