Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

IE7 DNS error

0 0

Alright, so Ive now tried several solutions, but haven't figured this out yet. I have been working with a friends computer (xp sp2) where IE7 will not resolve any names. Mozilla/AIM/MSN etc. all work just fine. I can enter the ip address of lets say google and connect using IE just cant actually type www.google.com

I have tried several things

Disabled firewalls/zonealarm those didnt seem to be causing it ipconfig /release & /renew ipconfig /flushdns clearing all info in IE7 Reinstalling IE7 Resetting tcp/ip via "netsh int reset C:\resetlog.txt"

There is up to date virus protection, along with a spybot and adaware search, that have resulted in no identification of malware. Not to say it not there, I just cant seem to find it if it is.

If anyone has an idea what might be causing this, or things to try please let me know.

0 0

okej this might sound stuppid but you can always try and download sp3 might fix the bug;)