Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

DAMM LINUX!!!

0 0

Hey, I just installed ubuntu and it does NOT let me do an root account, only a normal user account. What should i do 2 gain root acces?

0 0

fuck knows I have linux installed and i cant do shit with it.

0 0

i know about the su command but i couldn't make an root account and thus i dona have the pswrd. I heard u can "H@ck" users or root's linux passwd, and i am interested in finding out HOW??!!

0 0

try this command:

markupsudo -s

0 0

can u pls give me a ocncrete example of what i should write? somethin like su -s username ? coz su -s username gives me an error. Is says "su: Authentication failure Sorry." and when i try using "su username" it works. I may have made an mistake pls help me.

0 0

when I had ubunto I wrote:

sudo -s

and then my root password

0 0

for i:=1 to n do begin ty:=true; i :=i + o + u - $; end; (my way of saying thank u ) :D

0 0

On Ubuntu it dosnt allow you to specifically log in as root. for safty reasons every time you want to use root you sudo.

0 0

uh.. yeah it does you have to have a root pass set to login as root

sudo passwd root

then you can SU

0 0

Darth_Pengo wrote: uh.. yeah it does you have to have a root pass set to login as root

sudo passwd root

then you can SU

You're not logging in as root, as sudo is an entirely different process. Hence why it is sudo and not su.

0 0

YES I know but hence passwd root maybe you are not familiar with the passwd command? it changes the password of the user

allan@haxer:~$ sudo passwd root
Enter new UNIX password:
Retype new UNIX password:
passwd: password updated successfully
allan@haxer:~$ su
Password:
root@haxer:/home/allan*

The Manager
0 0

is this a liveCD install? otherwise I am wondering if you just missed the root access. When you install Linux it will ask you for root password (only) THEN it will prompt you to make a user account. This is because running Linux as root is like running windows as administrator…just plain stupid. the only thing root is needed for is base installs, hardware changes and the likes. so all you would do is type markupsu then the root password. if you need any more help PM me I can explain it a little better…I use Debian (The base of Ubuntu) and SuSE incase you are wondering