Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Spyware warning message when opening C: (FIXED)

0 0

Hi all, I am running Windows Vista 32b. I have this issue, whenever I try to open my hard drive, it gives me a message saying some dangerous files found on C:, windows vista home files are corrupt (they arent), and then it sends me to some link for IE Virus Removal which is know is just more spyware. Does anyone have any ideas for me to try?, I have tried scanning with AVG, Windows Defender, and many others. Tonight I will let them run a full system scan to see if anything comes up.

Admin from hell
0 0

Post the link it gives you.

Admin from hell
0 0

It's ieantivirus. did you install this. Look in your running processes for ieav.exe.

0 0

ieav.exe is not running, and no i did not install the antivirus software

Admin from hell
0 0

Run your scans. If nothing download hijackthis and post the results. I can help you.

0 0

ok, after the deep scan from AVG is done running, I will restart my computer and try the scanner that the other poster gave me, and see what I get, after that I will download spy sweeper from hijackthis and scan. If nothing I will repost, or try again tomorrow. If i need any major help, I will pm you, thank you for your help Korg

Admin from hell
0 0

That's why we are here!

0 0

a7x2thedeath wrote: Hi all, I am running Windows Vista 32b. I have this issue, whenever I try to open my hard drive, it gives me a message saying some dangerous files found on C:, windows vista home files are corrupt (they arent), and then it sends me to some link for IE Virus Removal which is know is just more spyware. Does anyone have any ideas for me to try?, I have tried scanning with AVG, Windows Defender, and many others. Tonight I will let them run a full system scan to see if anything comes up.

try this… it helped me a lot when i had a same problem

markuphttp://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware.shtml

0 0

Jamie_90, thank you so much, that program fixed my problem, and thank you to everyone else who help me with the, COM, Korg.