Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Port Forwarding Problems

0 0

I decided to play around with Ventrilo and i wanted to set up a server from my computer, so i Dl'd the server exe installed, etc. now the problem is i can connect to my server (duh) but others cant, i forwarded the ports through my router, windows Firewall and macafee, and still they cannot connect. would this be something with my router mayhap?

Router is a Belkin F5D7230-4

help would be pimp :D

0 0

Ive never used a belkin before, but if its anything like a netgear (im sure its quite a lot like a netgear), its something on the router itself. Login and look for firewall settings, probably something like services. Then you add an allow on that port for that service. If its p2p you might need to add a custom service, just find out what port ure p2p is using and call it p2p, allow tcp&udp if you dont know which you need.

0 0

okay. thought you would enjoy the update on this. Good news is i got it working….bad news i feel like a COMPLETE nubcake…man, okay for some reason…i just thought my DSL modem to be unmanaged; well turns out there is some firewalls and settings on THAT also, haha man i felt like a idiot…BUT oh well now i know something i didn't :D thanks for the help guys

0 0

Haha, double firewalls ftw xD