Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

SP3? Or my own Mistake?

0 0

Alright i have been having problems with my browsers connection lately and it all seem to have started durning and after my installation of Windows Service Pack 3.

Lets Begin Shall we, I start the Installer and while thats going you get the little message "You can continue to work while windows blah blah…" and im like okay cool whatever and so i start up FF…well it crashs…and im like?? wtf..so i dont bother and i just use opera till it finished installing. Well it all goes good took forever to DL their servers were so slow that day and i just turn my crap off after it all finishs.

SO, the next time i get on my computer…i start up FF it crashs…i try again, it crashs..im like WTF MATE!? and so i try Opera, Opera takes a while to respone…then i get "Cannot connect to Proxie Server" and i was like PROXIE1?!? im not going through a proxiie so i F12 and disable Proxies…it works..i go to network config to see if i forgot about a proxie i set, what do you know? no proxie, i check the same in IE7 and FireFox both got proxie errors yet neither using proxies YET! opera could turn it off and FF would work Yet IE7 wouldnt. W T F

So i was thinking okay, Maybe its a FF extension i have..trouble shot all my extensions, turns out the Mcafee Site advisor was making it crash Disabled it…SAME PROBLEM it wouldnt crash but it couldnt connect till i unchecked the "Disable Proxies" with Opera.

But games and stuff was working and my Chat programs were working fine, Till last night i started up the WOW crack. "Could not connect to Server" WTF is going on.

I managed to Fix the FF and Opera issues…didnt bother/didnt care about IE7. But now i cant get ANYTHING outta wow it cant connect and well this is buggin the CRAP outta me cuz i have been trying to fix crap and troubleshooting for the past couple days now.

Any Help/Suggestions would be awesome thanks ~CisSlayer

Banned
0 0

windows xp SP3 totally screwed my system… more than yours. It now has an endless reboot loop without any BSOD, or friggin error. MS sucks. Luckily I got Ubuntu/XP dual boot.

LINUX PWNZ! :happy:;)

0 0

Yea do you have a AMD Processor? I was Looking through some SP3 Bug forums and it was saying Bad coding or whatever was causing CPU problems with AMD processors and causing constant rebooting.

Greyhat in Training
0 0

I've installed the XP SP3 onto a test box at my work experience placement, it's working fine at the moment.

0 0

SP3 installed fine on one of my SP2 boxes (not that it broke the other one, I just didn't put it on yet).

0 0

hellboundhackersok wrote: You should ask your questions on that forum and will likely get a good answer

Aight man thanks..i will definitely ask some questions cuz i hate that this "Mysterious Proxy that only Opera Can Disable" Keeps Messing with my stuff.

edit: i posted a thread there just incase you all are having the same problems.

LINK http://forums.microsoft.com/technet/ShowPost.aspx?siteid=17&postid=3373716

0 0

Zer0Man wrote: I've installed the XP SP3 onto a test box at my work experience placement, it's working fine at the moment.

atm huh?…Well if you find out anything that could explain something a PM would be awesome

0 0

go to start–>control panel–>internet and network–>then diable the local area connection wait a couple of minutes the reenable it