Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Help! Geeba.dll - I can't delete it!

0 0

Hi all

At the weekend, i seem to have picked up a piece of software called Geeba.exe which is linked via the WIN.INI to Geeba.dll in the System32 Dir.

If i delete the Win.Ini entry, it creates 4 more entries. I can delete the .exe, but not .dll as it is in use. I have tried lots of spy/adware programs which have shredded the files but they still reload at startup.

I have also checked the registry and found 8 keys and values for the program, but again, these are rewritten on startup!

It's now seriously eating into my resi-memory at a rate of knots - someone help me plz!!!!

Ven

0 0

Start the computer in fail-safe mode (by pressing F8 before windows starts loading) and then you can delete it easily ;)

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

you could always burn yourself a linux disc and boot from that then delete your dll off the harddrive. it shouldnt be in use if you arent booting from the hdd.

0 0

Thx all

It was well nasty and i had to do a clean install in the end :(

I'll look up combofix for future reference.

Unlocker is fab for other things as well so thx for that link :)

Godamn Virtumonde Malware/spyware/trojans or whatever u like to call it - and to think someone spent hours making it just to trash other peoples systems - what a pointless waste of life - when i'm king they'll be the first against the wall!!!!