Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

need some tech support

0 0

i don't really know if this is troubleshooting or not.

I'm not good with hardware so i got one of my friends who is to completely wipe the hard drive clean of everything (one of my laptops)

so when he was putting a new password for the hard drive (or something like that) his dog ( a Yorkie) jumped onto his lap (which is were the laptop was) and it entered god only knows what but I'm guessing it would look like gjeghwghrso;ghimrtyohierovpoyvmy9phtr5yhv54 (completely random)

so now when you turn on the computer it says

BIOS Date: 09/02/05 13:48:37 Ver: 08.00.09
CPU: mobile Intel(R) PENTIUM(R) 4 CPU 3.06GHz
   Speed: 3.0 GHz
Press <F12> if you want to boot from the network
Checking NVRAM..
1024MB OK
Pri Master: IC25N080ATMR04-0     M040AD4A
                Ultra DMa Mode-5, S.M.A.R.T. Capable and Status OK
Hard Disk locked, enter password:
(press <ESC> to skip)```

if i press f2 it just asks for the password

if i press the ESC key it says
```markupReboot and Select proper Boot device
or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key```

I tried calling the manufacturer and tech support but they don't know what to do and my friend tells me something about a new security chip

please if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated

0 1

im guessing this is a no.. but…

would resetting the bios help?

0 0

the second you turn it on it goes straight to that screen. if you could tell me how i'll give it a try. i only really know internet related things. i'm not so good at the actual software and operating systems.

0 0

You could try taking the bios battery out and booting up to see if you cant get past the screen.

0 0

Open the computer, and on the motherboard there should be a battery, ramove it carefully and let it be out for 10 minutes. That should reset the Bios.:right:

0 0

i don't think theres a warenty but if there is one and i open it would it void it. and is it the only battery on there casue if i open it it will look like a pile of plastic and metal to me. where exactly is the battery in the laptop.

0 0

ok so i took the whole laptop apart and i removed the battery and left it out for about 15 minuts. then i put it back in and put it back together but it still says the same thing.

0 0

Assuming your friend only messed with the hard drive (and it's not the BIOS that's locking you out) you should be able to reformat it and start over. You might try booting a linux livecd, fdisk it, and see if that fixes it. Also I'd talk to the person who did this for some more details on what he did.

Python Ninja
0 0

remove harddisk, boot nix, insert harddisk.

Hose away, then try again.

Admin from hell
0 0

I see in your post you have ami bios, Here are some factory "backdoor" Passwords I have that will override the password that is stored: ami, a.m.i., aaammmiii,ami?sw, ami_sw, bios, condo, hewitt rand, lkwpeter, mi, password. Try each of these then you can use the one that worked to set your own or disable it. If not check your mobo jumpers to clear the cmos pass.Removing the battery for hard disk protection does not reset the pass as for it is stored on the drive not the bios prom, So that way the drive cannot be accessed in any computer

0 0

backdoor passwords for your motherboard?….well thats real secure…this IS a thought….you could take out the HDD and put it in another computer as a slave….i dunno i dont mess around with laptops and when i do im not taking them apart :angry: just a thought anyway

0 0

I'm A+ certified and even I dont like playing with laptops for liability reasons. Way too easy to break something

0 0

I almost crapped myself when they announced laptops the size pf a wallet, that's going to be a nightmare

0 0

I'll take it to a store and see what they can do

Admin from hell
0 0

Laptops are not hard to work on, You need to be gentle that's all. I've taken apart and repaired many of them from bad dc jacks (HP are noted for that) fans,motherboards etc. Just because their smaller doesn't make them harder. Just my 2 cents.

0 0

well its not my laptop it's my moms and she was having a friend of mine wipe the harddrive clean of all information. so according to him when he went to reset the pass for the harddrive the dog jumped up and it entered a bunch of random characters. he said that we need some new security chip or something so i said well instead of paying money to have someone fix it let me see if the guys on hellbound know anything about this.

Banned
0 0

The … dog … jumped on the laptop..

0 0

yeah. he has some little Yorkie. if you don't know what a Yorkie is it's a lap dog.

he had the laptop on his lap and the dog jumped up on it and it entered a bunch of random shit.

0 0

First: Kill the dog. Second: Does it do this with all HDD you tried? If so, so clear CMOS.

0 0

one problem i don't know that much about computers other than web based things so doing stuff to the bios and all that is a little confusing.

i know some stuff about hardware so i think it was the bios battery i removed. (it was a little round disk that i removed so i'm guessing thats the battery)

oh and the place i sent it to said to call gateway and when i did they said they won't do anything because it's out of warrenty so what now.