Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

John the Ripper Source Files??

0 0

Hey Im having a problem uploading the windows binaries zip file of JtR. I get an error message saying "C:\DOCUME~1\bluhbluh could not be saved, because the source file could not be read." Ive successfully uploaded jtr on my computer before so im not sure whats wrong (the only reason its not on my computer still is that i accidently deleted the john-mmx file so i just deleted the rest of john). Ive tried uploading it for like a month from openwall.com and its still not working, and im getting tired of using cain lol. thanks -new_hack

0 0

try using mozilla firefox, and it called 'downloading', not 'uploading'. No wonder you can't get it to work :P

Does your internet browser download other programs ok?

0 0

Strange… Before you remove Cain, I recomend you backup the wordlist, it works really well with JTR

0 0

i am using firefox to 'download' the file. ;) ive been able to download other stuff so i was thinking that there might be a problem with the site?

0 0

You might want to cut off any AV programs you have running when you download JtR. That's probably the reason you're getting a "cannot read from the source disk" error… usually that, or disk space limitations, I believe.

0 0

Zephyr_Pure wrote: You might want to cut off any AV programs you have running when you download JtR. That's probably the reason you're getting a "cannot read from the source disk" error… usually that, or disk space limitations, I believe.

Yeah, I had that problem before when I was rehabilitating this computer, it was something with the way Symantec was configured.

0 0

lesserlightsofheaven wrote: Yeah, I had that problem before when I was rehabilitating this computer, it was something with the way Symantec was configured.

Yeah, most AV's pick up JtR as a virus so, as soon as it hits a temporary location on your HDD, real-time scanning will most likely zap it.

0 0

lesserlightsofheaven wrote: Yeah, I had that problem before when I was rehabilitating this computer, it was something with the way Symantec was configured.

Yeah, most AV's pick up JtR as a virus so, as soon as it hits a temporary location on your HDD, real-time scanning will most likely zap it.

I did have tat problem…then i cud nothin since the scan is done by office n/w admin which i cant reach though :(

0 0

you guys were right the AV was blocking it ive got it up and running, thanks