Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

I can't access my hard drive

0 0

Hello guys! I was hoping you could give me a hand…

This is it:

I bought a new hard drive and decided to adapt the old one to external. The problem is that the old hard drive had password protected accounts, and I really need to gain access to them. I try to do so and it appears "local driver f:\, blabla, access denied". Is there a way to regain access to it?

thank's

0 0

Format it B)

0 0

Eheh… I could do that :p, and I will, I have to recover outlook contacts before. I think I'm almost there, I read a few more articles on the web, and if things keep like this I'll be helping someone taking care of such situation… :D

0 0

Problem solved B)

peace out

0 0

masta_hacks wrote: Format it B)

If you're not going to help, then stfu.

To the original poster (and any others in the same situation), it would be more helpful if you posted what your ultimate solution was to the problem. That way, community threads can help more people and we can prevent common problems from having to get repeated attention.

0 0

Off course Zephyr_Pure, I totally forgot :|, sorry about that.

I read an article that the very own Microsoft has in their site, I thing it's better to place the link, because the article is as good as it gets…

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421

Here it is, It is very fast and easy. B)

Peace out

0 0

Thanks for posting the link to the solution you used. I'm sure others will find it helpful. I had a feeling that it was an ownership issue, but your question was too vague for me to understand your exact intentions.

Korny wrote: Hello guys! I was hoping you could give me a hand…

This is it:

I bought a new hard drive and decided to adapt the old one to external. The problem is that the old hard drive had password protected accounts, and I really need to gain access to them. I try to do so and it appears "local driver f:\, blabla, access denied". Is there a way to regain access to it?

thank's

This could be better phrased as:

I'm adding a hard drive to my system as the primary drive, with my old drive as the secondary drive. My old drive has password protected accounts and I would like to access its files from a fresh install on the new drive. I'm using Windows on both drives. How can I achieve this?

Still, you found the solution for yourself, so you get brownie points. :D

0 0

Yes, the:

I'm adding a hard drive to my system as the primary drive, with my old drive as the secondary drive. My old drive has password protected accounts and I would like to access its files from a fresh install on the new drive. I'm using Windows on both drives. How can I achieve this?

would definitely be better, but lets just say that I wrote the problem the way I saw it… :p Next time I'll try to see it in a more precise way :happy:

0 0

It was more precise, but not much different from your original question. The key parts were:

1. What you were trying to achieve (accessing the files on the other HDD)
  2. What OS you were running on each of the drives (Windows on both)

That type of information helps people on this site to help you with your problems. Spyware's article on forum posting addresses this, as well as a number of other things, and is a good read.

Still, this is a moot point… you solved your own problem, which makes all of this negligible. I'm just throwing this all out there for people who post problems on the site.

0 0

Sure. And I disagree, it's not negligible, since I'm a member, and doing things right (that was basically what you told me) is always worth it. ;) I did manage to solve it myself, but if any time soon I need to ask for help, I will do it as it should be done, and I even may help anyone that does not know how to do it (even though it is a bit of common sense, some guys like me lack it once in a while :D).

So, thank you for the help, and the fast reply. If I didn't solve the problem, I'm quite sure that you would have helped me. B)