Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Stegano 17

0 0

Hi.

Does someone know just where to begin with this one ? I'm completely stumped. Tried hex editor, different filters with PSP, … but nothing ! Thanks

=> Penguin in black <=
0 0

Yes, me neither.

I can barely see some characters on the left…

0 0

Well, Anti told me that it is a Visual stegano.

0 0

Yeah, I can see SOMETHING but I can't really see what it is :p

0 0

It IS visual one. You could maybe do it straight from the browser window without actually doing anything.

0 0

One question.

Will I see THE password or I will see some picture that has some symbol….

0 0

Tip on making it clearer: try something that concentrates on the edges. I hope that doesn't give too much away.

=> Penguin in black <=
0 0

I think I found out that there is a well-known character in the image. But where's the password, since it is not his name? :D

0 0

Ok, I love Mr.Walt, but, its not the character's name…!!

=> Penguin in black <=
0 0

Yes, me too :D

0 0

so, will the pass be clear or i'm gonna guess with the character ?? :P

0 0

hmmm? Is/Are it/they one or more ThinGs? Cause i can see somethings in the top of the fella in the image.

=> Penguin in black <=
0 0

Got it! It is the character name. Simply try more combinations! Thanks Mouzi for the hint!

0 0

GOT IT!!! thanks mikispag, yea it is, but the problem was that i was adding the second part of his name….:)

0 0

trying to save ppl from going mad like i was. there is actually more than one character on the picture and they are related actually i find the other character easier to find. so if you do join that with the hint that's here to find out how are both characters related and it might make it easier to identify the other one..

0 0

woops, i kind of accidentally guessed the right answer, from all these hints i could guess it second go (i had kind of got the image, but i couldnt see it clearly). i know its not really a good thing to do, but hacking involves a lot of guess work anyway.

0 0

yes i really think that if a mod should consider my post too much of a spoiler that they edit the one above.. you can do it just by reading it and trying stuff.

0 0

yea you can use the process of elimination to figure this one out almost without ever looking at the picture… all the hints in the thread kind of… add together to make it more of a process of logic than anything else… because if you read this whole thread you can get all the way down to three or four different answers… well only two actuall

0 0

then again.. the whole challenge was all about guessing.. since there's even more than one char..

0 0

yea i guess your right but i got it down to 4 characters after the first… uhh hint thing… It would all work better if all this want in the same forum.. Then more people would have to search a little harder

0 0

yeah. like i said if someone considers my post a spoiler (which they should) then the other one is even more urgent to erase.

0 0

OK I honestly don't get any of it. I see the shadowy figures, but who/what are they? The one on top looks like an anime person, the other one looks like a wizard!?!

I have no idea whatsoever (seems it's a pretty popular figure, I live a sheltered life lol)

Any tips on what to look for? Because I have no idea WHATSOEVER who/what this is…

Thanks, apparently your posts weren't a spoiler for me (lucky you, necrosix…!)

0 0

is the answer scared of cats? or maybe is the part I should not include scared of cats? I think it's not a spoiler. ;)

0 0

mido wrote: Ok, I love Mr.Walt, but, its not the character's name…!!

I was going to ask if someone didn't know who this person was (as said in above posts), so read the above quote as it's the best hint in this thread.

Greyhat in Training
0 0

I think i've got what it is, could I PM someone thats done steg 17 to see if i'm on the right track as not accepting my answer?

0 0

PM me if you want to…

0 0

umm… open in photoshop or something and use the zoom to find the characters… if you dont know who they are then there's not much help we can give you on the topic

0 0

Actually, Firefox or any picture viewer is enough :D

20 0

I see the image that is being hidden and I know EXACTLY what it is, and no matter how I spell it, it doesn't work. I didn't use any programs to find the hidden image and it really is a VISUAL stegano challenge. Is there anyone I can pm with what I see because I really am losing my mind with this challenge.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it. I finally did try EVERY spelling and such and I finally got it.

0 0

I played with the brightness and contrast and noticed something in the upper left quadrant of the image but that's as far as I've gotten so far.

Possible spoiler?:: I saw a famous duck and some barely there letters and an outline of an unknown person (possibly male with blonde or red hair).

10 0

I can only see the duck :(