Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Friggen steg 5

0 0

i got the 1st four lines…. half is a word then it just goes giberish from there… wtf why

edit: ok i sorta get it but its still ridiculous as it gets. i sat down to do this at 7:30 its not 11:25 and i need to go start a paper. 50points isnt worth 4 hours

0 0

i hated this challenge, so tedious!

just make sure your doin it right, it will end up up in perfect english when you get it correctly.

0 0

i got like 3 and a half words in english the rest is shit =( not fun i've been sitting here since 7:30 its now 8:33… im gonna go through it…again. If i could pm someone it would be cool. also i found an extra thing…?

0 0

yes i know what you mean about the gibberish the reason is very obvious once youve realized it. if you look closer youll see you got the full first line good and starting from its end is where the crap starts.

i cant really TELL you why that happens, but i can give you this hint: count the amount of bits per line (counting the first line is enough) the number of bits per line might surprise you!…thats all you need to know to solve the gibberish problem and solve steg5. good luck

if you still need, then PM me

0 0

thank you folk theory. I just had a look at it and realized all three of my translations gave me the same shit… im not very happy… anyway. PM u in a min, gonna see if i can figure out what u mean with bits per line

0 0

66 bits… im pretty sure it only makes sence to have 64… or a multiple of 8… errr do i just chop the 2 extra off? and what about that odd line out at the (almost) end

0 0

well u got to the heart of it. if i were to tell you, ill ruin you the challenge. if i were to post it here ill ruin to all HBH…

so try and figure it out and if not then PM me

0 0

pm sent (sent b4 i read that last post)

0 0

EDIT: before doing this challenge a million times take a good look at the picture…. the last char in the 1st line…. isnt a letter and doesnt fit… also when i fix anything it changes words i had already figured out…

0 0

Easy way to do this is put it in paint. Apply grid lines, then paint over the ones you did so you dont get messed up. Thats a HUGE hint and now it should take only work now. notice one sticks out, means thats were it ends. If this makes no sense to you, that means your not close, this makes sense then go do it!

0 0

I have the solution i just need someones help with the syntax of the solution i have read that it is a little tricky and need to pm some one thanx in advance..

-pokjomama

0 0

no theres nothing tricky. youre supposed to paste it in the answer box as it says.

0 0

thanks for the reply i just finished though… and i was like 1 off with my solution but its all gravy now.. B)

0 0

smack i know what you mean but the thing is i wasnt getting it wrong as far as i could tell. apperantly theres some extra spaces that you need to assume are there. there is only 2 words that dont translate for me… pretty lame

0 0

tonz you can pm me if you need more help

0 0

I have something. I am finishing it

0 0

heh….i just put out a new article that will make this easier….feel free to continue, but you may wanna read it.

0 0

I read it. It is very nice. I just have to install Photoshop.

0 0

glad to help. i did this one the "count pixels way" first, but then after a server rollback i lost those points….decided i would find a more efficient way…. w00t for the uber lazy

0 0

I made some other articles(not about steg5), but they were deleted. Maybe because they were spoilers. I'll try to make my articles less spoiled

0 0

you know, of course, that there's an easier way to do this all?

like, maybe save it as a certain file type, open it in notepad, you will see two characters: a space, and some other character…

well, which encrytion has 2 characters? ;)

0 0

skunk foot… im gonna go try notepad… if ur right im gonna be soooooo upset. i spend at least 4 hours on this mission

0 0

Ok, There are about umm two different ways to do this challenge, one way which seems the way everyone tries first, as I did myself.

Open in (Program that everyone has with windows) or (program that some may not have), and then substitute black for something and white for something, which going off this forum the answer of what it needs to be changed to is already given out. so we know it is going to be in binary.

For the person who was confused about the bits thing, there are 8 bits in a byte.

This is tedious doing it in in (the program that comes with windows) and such, which is why things get jumbled, because you mess up one of the bytes, and have to start again…

I didnt have to change anything with the answer that it gave me, at least as far as I can remember I didnt.

0 0

you dont have to change file types… just substitute… black for something and white for something… thats the way i did it

0 0

umm…it does work, that's how I did it. Just because you can't figure it out doesn't mean it's impossible ;)

you're not trying the right file type, remember, the right file type, in this case at least, isn't a common one ;)

0 0

I already told you a program that'll do it

did you try all of the file types in photoshop? I think not.

0 0

HINT: get photoshop :P

look, PM me or something, I don't wanna spoil it for everyone ^_^

0 0

ok then, good luck! ^_^

0 0

this one is easy read all the posts on first page. if still having problems pm me.