Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Stegano 23

0 0

I have a few questions about this challenge that maybe some of you could clear up. I've been working with electronics and breadboards for quite a bit of time, so at first glance, I thought this challenge would be a joke. I found, now, that this is not the case.

1. There is no visible power being supplied to the board, and the only external connection is the brown (#6) ground. #6 is then connected to #5 (all vertical holes are connected in the power lines), but five trails over to 2E and isn't connected to anything there. So my first question is: are the colored lines standard wires, or are they also connected with every intersecting lines?

2. What do you mean by red being positive, black being negative, and brown being the ground? Wires are wires.. They don't have any such values assigned to them until they are connected to a power source or a ground, and even if that was true, #6 being connected directly to #5 would make it a ground as well (not a black negative as depicted).

3. Where did you get the +/- signs from on the wires? Unless these are power sources or something, they would not have polarity..

I know this challenge just came up, but it bothers me that a logical approach to a breadboard isn't working.

Admin from hell
0 0

Your making this challenge way to hard. It's actually very simple.

0 0

I was dissapointed too.

0 0

korg wrote: Your making this challenge way to hard. It's actually very simple.

Don't tell me it's binary…

0 0

I'm still stumped. Can't make heads or tails of this. I know i'm probably making this much harder than it is, but the first guy really asked the questions I was wondering about. Can anyone offer a little push to help me get rollin'?

Admin from hell
0 0

There are no clues to give without throwing the answer out. Just really look at it and think.

0 0

Do you need to know anything about breadboards and how they work or is that irrelevant to solving this?

Admin from hell
0 0

apteryx wrote: Do you need to know anything about breadboards and how they work or is that irrelevant to solving this?

In a round about way you might. ;) No more clues this challenge is still new.