Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Stegano 5 :(

Ninja Extreme
0 0

okay, I figured this one out pretty fast. I used a python script to get the "computer language" (trying to avoid spoilers) and convert it into text. However, the "computer language" I got wasn't dividable by 8, which made it impossible to convert. So I took off the extra 4 characters at the end and got a result, but when I entered my result into the box it said it was incorrect. There was also a spot in the message I noticed that had two spaces between the words. I'm confused about that extra space and the purpose of the extra 4 0's on the end of the image. Any help?

0 0

you don't need to use any programs other than a binary to ascii converter. just save the image, zoom in; you do the math.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

l3m0np13 wrote: you don't need to use any programs other than a binary to ascii converter. just save the image, zoom in; you do the math.

I had a python script scan each pixel, compare the color, and print the relative binary value. Think the fault was in my script? Did you have leftover bits, like I did, after doing it by hand?

EDIT:

No, I don't think my script is at fault. Lengthwise on the image, there is 13 pixels, and widthwise there is 68. Multiplying them gives you an area of 884, which when divided by 8 gives you a remainder of 4…..

0 0

okay but 4 isn't your answer.

if you do it right by hand you shouldn't have anything left over but the binary that you should convert to ascii to get the answer.

you really don't need python for anything but the competitions around here to be honest :happy:

0 0

stealth- wrote: [quote]l3m0np13 wrote: you don't need to use any programs other than a binary to ascii converter. just save the image, zoom in; you do the math.

I had a python script scan each pixel, compare the color, and print the relative binary value. Think the fault was in my script? Did you have leftover bits, like I did, after doing it by hand?

EDIT:

No, I don't think my script is at fault. Lengthwise on the image, there is 13 pixels, and widthwise there is 68. Multiplying them gives you an area of 884, which when divided by 8 gives you a remainder of 4…..[/quote]

Then maybe there are 4 extra bits that you don't need. I'm sure if you have the binary you can easily figure out which 4 that may be. If you want I could take a look at your python script.

l3m0np13 wrote: okay but 4 isn't your answer.

if you do it right by hand you shouldn't have anything left over but the binary that you should convert to ascii to get the answer.

you really don't need python for anything but the competitions around here to be honest :happy: No, he's right.. there are 4 extra bits, whether you do it by hand or with a script. The maths is still going to leave you with 110 bytes and 4 unwanted bits.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

I think my python script is okay, it was a pretty basic one and the binary translated just fine into a sentence that made sense, so I don't think my code is the problem. Yeah, so, I've converted that via a binary converter (minus the 4 bits on the end) and send in my result to the answer checker and it tells me it's wrong….

I'm not seeing what i'm missing here… Can I send someone what i've been entering? Maybe someone can see something I left out somewhere.

0 0

sure, lets see it. pm me

Ninja Extreme
0 0

l3m0np13 wrote: sure, lets see it. pm me

Umm, sorry lemonpie, but I'm not going to message you with my exact way of solving the problem when you havn't completed it yourself yet, no offense :P

Reaper, check your inbox ;)

Sidenote: Could an admin please fix that above post?

0 0

I could also check it for you, if you'd like.

0 0

i completed it on my old account before it got rapped and pillaged :right:

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Defience wrote: I could also check it for you, if you'd like.

It's all good, I figured it out. Thanks though. I had the right answer, but something was wrong with the output from my binary translator, causing me to input the slightly modified (and hence incorrect) answer.

0 0

Glad to see you figured it out! B)

0 0

l3m0np13 wrote: i completed it on my old account before it got rapped and pillaged :right:

Fair enough, but surely you'd need to know the exact answer to check his.. therefore, I presume if you knew the exact answer, you'd have completed it on your current account.

0 0

I discovered the message behind the picture, but the message is not accepted. Can i pm someone to discuss what am i doing wrong?

0 0

If you want you can PM me I finished this one recently so I still remember it…:ninja: