Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Steg 5

0 0

I need to know how to read it….left to right, top to bottom or top to bottom left to right. and I've also heard that gimp or photo shop help but i have had no luck.

Banned
0 0

The only reason you need some software is to zoom in on the picture. As for how to read it; just read it.

Bonus points if you write the programmatic solution btw. Well, you won't really get any bonus points on HBH, but just imagine them in your head when you're done.

0 0

clear you inbox so i can PM you

Banned
0 0

RILEY16 wrote: clear you inbox so i can PM you

No can do man, I need those messages. If you want to ask anything, just post here.

0 0

so read it like a paragraph? when i converted it using yellow pipe it said it could not do it….i even re-did it from all sides….three times.

0 0

what, the inbox limit? still says i only have 15 allowed.

Banned
0 0

RILEY16 wrote: what, the inbox limit? still says i only have 15 allowed.

He meant me; rude people get better treatment here.

0 0

right, gotcha…so like a paragraph and….is there some sort of syntax i should be worried about? Because like i said, there is some sort of wierd conversion error

0 0

RILEY16 wrote: I need to know how to read it….left to right, top to bottom or top to bottom left to right. and I've also heard that gimp or photo shop help but i have had no luck.

Hmm, black and white…true and false…maybe something other? It is actually something very basic, the main part of computer brain.

And you read it from left to right.

I spent 2 hours tipping part of the answer…if you know programing then it's much easier.

0 0

Oh i knew as soon as i saw it what it was…people use to make pictures. yellow pipe gives an error when i convert it….a certain operand error.

0 0

Just try to replace the black and white parts YOURSELF…you'll need some time for that, but sometimes it's faster then searching for other solutions.

0 0

yeah, its pretty long. i may have made a mistake in my conversion cause like you said, it takes a while. i was just wondering if there was anything missing that i needed to figure out.

0 0

Hmm, try to convert only the first row, if you get some words that make sense, you're on the right way…then continue with the rest.

0 0

When I did this by hand , there was definitely something missing from the end of my conversion , even after going over it again and again , eventually i just added 'something' to the end of my string and it finally converted to text .

0 0

maug, why photoshop? i have the binary, it just comes out to be:

Con**][ÛœË�–÷R†fR�’¥Í½Ù•2�ed this Y\ÜØYÙK�7FRF�!¥Ì•¹Ñ¥2�e tg [ˆH[7vW"&÷‚�0™½Èå½5�r points��

so some of it is right. but i am still missing something

0 0

You have a space character at the end of every row, just delete it and then decode the code.

0 0

Hey pp

I am battling with this big time i looked at the pic and worked out that the coding within the pic is binary as i did the whole thing by hand literally all 64 pixels in width and 13pixels in height :p long process but didnt take too long but now the problem is this im only picking up on the first word or at least im missing a few letters and what should be in the sentence is bits of the sentence so where do i go from there?????

This is what i get

Con***jØÂèÒÞÜæX@²Þê@ÐÂìÊ@ÈÒæÆÞìÊäÊÈ@èÐÒæ@ÚÊææÂÎÊX@@àÂste hÐÒæ@ÊÜèÒäÊ@èÐÒÜÎ@ÒÜ@èÐÊ@ÂÜæîÊä@ÄÞðX@ÌÞä@òÞêä@àÞÒÜèæ

Please may someone help me on this.

tks ;)

0 0

You probably just missed a pixel or two. You're doing everything as you should so try it again and it should work.

0 0

are you saying i should go back and read every single pixel again lol…. only took me 1hr30min to realise what to do…… i need a simpler way to get through all that binary its gonna drive me up the wall :p

0 0

The article I linked to solves the challenge by changing the way that the file is read. There is a section in the file for data, in this case we want the data to read as raw/binary (working with text is easier than working with black and white squares).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAW_image_format

That's really all that there is to the challenge. @ RILEY16: You might have translated to unicode or something other than ascii. If not, then you messed up somewhere around "Con**". Fix the punctuation after it makes sense.

0 0

maug wrote: The article I linked to solves the challenge by changing the way that the file is read. There is a section in the file for data, in this case we want the data to read as raw/binary (working with text is easier than working with black and white squares).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAW_image_format

That's really all that there is to the challenge. @ RILEY16: You might have translated to unicode or something other than ascii. If not, then you messed up somewhere around "Con**". Fix the punctuation after it makes sense.

ooohhh ok i see so i didnt actually have to go through it by hand i could have just searched for raw imaging???

0 0

I'm sorry, everyone. I hate to have to bring this thread up again, but I have decoded most of the b*****, and I have a sentence that makes sense… I was pretty sure I had it until I put it into the answer box and it said "Please try again". So could I pm someone to check out what I have and see where I made the mistake? I would appreciate the help :happy:

Thanks in advance!

☆ Lucifer ☆
3,050 6

Aye sure .

0 0

Challenge completed. xD

0 0

i have what i know to be the answer, or near enough, but its not taking it, so im assuming their is a punctuation problem? can i pm what i have to get this cleared up?

0 0

bloodsaint wrote: i have what i know to be the answer, or near enough, but its not taking it, so im assuming their is a punctuation problem? can i pm what i have to get this cleared up?

I'll put it this way: if you were to paste the string you got in notepad, then read the string and type what you see under it, you would realize the problem immediately. You could PM if you are still stuck.

0 0

genius :) lol i cant believe it

thanks a ton