Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Buying a new computer...

0 0

^its harder than it sounds. Im looking for something completly customizable so im not wasting money on things that are pointless for me and im not missing the things I need. Im looking for a computer with: AMD x2 4200 or higher preferably 2 gigs of ram 120g or higher Sata II harddrive preferably 250g XP pro. I cant stand vista or xp media center 128mb or higher video card i was looking at geforce… i need something high enough to run some of the newer games so im thinking it needs to be about 6800 or higher… dell.com has given me everything i need almost in my price range with the exception of… the only video card option i have is a 6100 I will probably just end up getting an aftermarket video card

i've thought about building my own and i have taken apart and reassembled computers the only thing that bothers me are compatability issues. buying from the sites they let u know as u r custumizing it that you dont have the neccasary slots and this doesnt work with whatever.

If anyone has any advice i'd like to hear it and if anyone has a site i can use to get what i need (preferably in the states for shipping reasons)

i've tried newegg tiger direct HP dell and some crazy ass site that charges 1000 for assembly and extra for all the parts involved in the assembly [edit] my price range is preferably less than 800 but if i were to buy from dell which i might. i'd be getting close to 900

Dimension E521 PROCESSOR AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core 4400+ edit OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® XP Professional edit MEMORY 1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz- 2DIMMs edit HARD DRIVE 250GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™ edit OPTICAL DRIVE Dual Drives: 16x DVD-ROM Drive + 16x DVD+/-RW edit VIDEO CARD NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE Integrated Graphics GPU edit SOUND Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio edit OPTIONAL PORTS IEEE 1394 Adapter[/edit]

0 0

If your only worry about building your own pc is compatibility issues, why not customize your system on a website, then instead of buying it from them, go and buy the listed parts and build it yourself?

0 0

good point. i'll go have a look.

0 0

would i have any compatability issues if i just bought an aftermarket video card Q?

0 0

tonzofgunz25 wrote: would i have any compatability issues if i just bought an aftermarket video card Q? You just have to determine, what can your chipset be compatible with. Get to AMD's website…see teh model of the chipset, see what its maximum specifications (like ram, video, etc…)…You also have to take care of the CPU and RAMs, FSB, etc… When i built my computer, i'ev bought the Motherboard first, as the best Chipset was in that time…I saw, then what CPU it can support. Then Get The best RAM for the chipset. Then see what can it support for expansion cards, like (PCI EXPRESS/AGP xX) etc. It won't be that hard, building computers is everyday easier that previous :) Good luck, and sorry for my english.

0 0

word. i figured it out. the video card that comes with it is intergraded but there is an expansion pci-e slot and i should be fine. correct me if im wrong. thanks for your help.

0 0

Chipset NVIDIA nForce 430

0 0

You may try This

and for :

the video card that comes with it is intergraded but there is an expansion pci-e slot and i should be fine. correct me if im wrong. thanks for your help.

Yeah, indeed, most (i see) of motherboards, comes with integrated (built-in) video card, but its fo sho more worse…cause it takes its RAM from computers RAM, unlike the separated cards, which have their own RAMS (usually DDR3), so, it does not have any effects, or load on the computer's RAM, You will work with all of your RAM, When you just plug your VGA (plug and play device) it disables the on-board card automatically, and disables the shared memory.

Get the best VGA card for your chipset, and plug it into PCI-Express, btw, if your motherboard supports SLI, you can add another one :)

and NP for helping, if i am wrong anyone corrects mine… – Thanks ….Mido.

0 0

mido wrote: You may try This

and for : [quote] the video card that comes with it is intergraded but there is an expansion pci-e slot and i should be fine. correct me if im wrong. thanks for your help.

Yeah, indeed, most (i see) of motherboards, comes with integrated (built-in) video card, but its fo sho more worse…cause it takes its RAM from computers RAM, unlike the separated cards, which have their own RAMS (usually DDR3), so, it does not have any effects, or load on the computer's RAM, You will work with all of your RAM, When you just plug your VGA (plug and play device) it disables the on-board card automatically, and disables the shared memory.

Get the best VGA card for your chipset, and plug it into PCI-Express, btw, if your motherboard supports SLI, you can add another one :)

and NP for helping, if i am wrong anyone corrects mine… – Thanks ….Mido.[/quote]

:o i just gotta nVIDIA VGA card… i got the GeForce 7600 GS.. gotta fan built in.. omg, its so fuckin nice..

0 0

Dude, its yea nice, but just look, what your chipset can support. OR– what VGA Card can work on. i mean the maximum features by this… Since the VGA and MB Chipset are da same brand, so, it'd be more compatible, again get to look yor chipset in nvidia's site.

hope i helped ya

0 0

I got my new PC like january time and its still a beast :P.

With a little bit of research it is easy to find what is compatable with what.

Also why not try www.overclockers.co.uk they have some awsome bundle deals which include CPU, MOTHERBOARD and RAM. Then you dont have to worry about compatability issues.

Overclockers is where i got my parts, there prices are good and service is great. For example i rang up to order just to make sure everything was ok and they told me i should use a different PSU with the 8800GTX so goes to show they wont just sell you anything!

Hope this helped. Peace out!

Lets us know what system you get :D

Relentless.

0 0

1 word: cyberpowerpc.com

i dont know why this site isnt famous by now. it offers many VERY nice looking computers with an extensive choice of options. Best of all, theyre all extremely cheap. If u dont feel like being lazy and want to learn a lil something in the proccess, and save a few bucks not to mention, u should learn what goes with what and build ur own computer. I looked on cyberpower and i found what i wanted for ~$400-$500. Then i decided, what teh hell, i already got 4 gigs of ram, a 6800 video card, and a brain, why dont i just build my own. 2 weeks later, im buying parts already. i got a wicked heatsink for $1 yesterday too, go to slickdeals.net they have awesome deals including that heatsink. Just learn how things go together, by a nice MB for $80, a nice CPU for $100-140, ram is like $60 for 2 gigs, and if u dont like the video card built into the motherboard, u can get a 256 mb one for about $100. Cases are like $60 on xoxide.com <– u can pimp ur pc there too. and a GOOD power supply is like $70. if u want, pm me and ill send u EXACTLY what im buying. hurry on the heatsink tho, its only til monday and it would be a extreme waste if u dont get it. slickdeals.net is where its at.

0 0

1 word: cyberpowerpc.com

i dont know why this site isnt famous by now. it offers many VERY nice looking computers with an extensive choice of options. Best of all, theyre all extremely cheap. If u dont feel like being lazy and want to learn a lil something in the proccess, and save a few bucks not to mention, u should learn what goes with what and build ur own computer. I looked on cyberpower and i found what i wanted for ~$400-$500. Then i decided, what teh hell, i already got 4 gigs of ram, a 6800 video card, and a brain, why dont i just build my own. 2 weeks later, im buying parts already. i got a wicked heatsink for $1 yesterday too, go to slickdeals.net they have awesome deals including that heatsink. Just learn how things go together, by a nice MB for $80, a nice CPU for $100-140, ram is like $60 for 2 gigs, and if u dont like the video card built into the motherboard, u can get a 256 mb one for about $100. Cases are like $60 on xoxide.com <– u can pimp ur pc there too. and a GOOD power supply is like $70. if u want, pm me and ill send u EXACTLY what im buying. hurry on the heatsink tho, its only til monday and it would be a extreme waste if u dont get it. slickdeals.net is where its at.