Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Monitor Problems!

0 0

Okay… my friend was putting together a new PC for himself… and he did everything as normal….

The only problem is… when he turns on the monitor and it isn't connected to the computer it just says "No Signal" as normal. When the PC is connected to the monitor the monitor goes in "Standby" mode (Where the LED goes Orange/Yellow and there's no display.)

This happened with two different monitors, therefore showing it wasn't just the monitor.

As he couldn't figure out what was wrong, he tried changing the MotherBoard and the Graphics card (not at the same time… in two seperate attempts) but still the same thing… Does anyone have any ideas?

If this is a stupid noob question please don't just complain… after all how better to better myself than to not fear asking the questions that show my flaws…

Thanks… Reaper

0 0

i am having exactly the same problem although i DO think that mine is because of the motherboard and graphics cards…as they are all second hand parts. however, i too would REALLY like to know if there is a solution. please post!

0 0

try plugging it in and unplugging it again.

I've had this sort of problem after power outages and the like.

0 0

We've tried different power cables… different connection cables and everything… and Like I said we've also tried changing the graphics card and the motherboard (seperately)

We've even tried another monitor and the problem's exactly the same with that one too.

Anythin' else?

Thanks, Reaper

0 0

sometimes i just restart like 50 times and make sure that the graphics card is COMPLETELY pushed in. i think that worked like once but otherwise ive tried the same as you.