Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

upgrading advice..

0 0

ok im going to upgrade my comp over the summer but i dont know loads about the hardware side of computers so i have a few questions and stuff that id like to ask this is my current rig:

duel core 3 gigs 1 gb ram radeon 9550 160 gb hd p5vd1-x motherboard

and this is what i want to upgrade to:

geforce 8800gtx 2-3 gb ram

but i dont know if my motherboard can take a 8800gtx heres the specs for my motherboard:

Intel LGA775 Pentium 4 CPU Dual-Core CPU VIA PT880 Ultra Dual-Channel DDR 400/333 PCI Express & AGP8X combo solution SATA with RAID 0, 1, JBOD

should i buy a new one?? and do i need to upgrade my power supply?? i think its 750w

any answers to my questions would be greatly appreciated and any other info i might find useful

thanks

0 0

8800GTX is hot shit right now, DX10 card but its like 11.5 inches long so i hope you have a large ass tower. I dont think that will be to much of a bottle necked processor it seems fine, dual core running a DX10 gpu is fine if its single. 750w should be enough but if your going to ever buy another 8800gtx your going to need atleast 1kw p-supply or more.

I hope you have fun with that card and if you play any games you will get 333fps constant if not 1,000 constant.

and what do you plan on using that card for btw ? Video editing or gaming or both ? I envy you, enjoy your card =)

0 0

gaming mostly im planning to get Crysis and i want my machine to be able to cope with it. also my comp is in need of an upgrade because basically my gfx card is crap

0 0

It looks like your motherboard only has an AGP slot, I'm guessing the 8800gtx only comes in a pci express version, so you might need to upgrade you motherboard unfortunately.

EDIT: ok nvm, I read wrong :angry:

0 0

thanks for the answers i think im sorted now :)