Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Usb flash disc problem

0 0

I recently got a usb flash disc from some firm for advertising. When I put it into my computer it mounts a cdrom(almost like a U3 drive) and autoruns a powerpointfile with some info about the company. I would like to change the files that autoruns, but the drive is write protected since windows thinks that it is a cdrom.

Do anyone know what I can do?

0 0

Nothing… I have a similar thing, (though it's not an annoying powerpoint presentation)…

Basically if it says it's a CD drive than it most likely won't be writable, but you could get the actual memory part of the drive and put it in another case or something

0 0

Happysmileman wrote: Nothing… I have a similar thing, (though it's not an annoying powerpoint presentation)…

Basically if it says it's a CD drive than it most likely won't be writable, but you could get the actual memory part of the drive and put it in another case or something

Could you explain a little more in detail? I am not sure what I am supposed to do

0 0

I haven't done it… I'd advise just sticking with the presentation… Annoying but a lot easier than taking apart a USB stick

0 0

before you do that, try doing format <drive> in cmd, my usb as a option to act as a drive, to let autorun work.