Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Need HELP

0 0

Ok guys i need some help, i have had a problem arise with my IDE hardrive in the past 2 days. I happened after i restarted my comp accidently while it was in windows. Ok basically my computer has two hardrives one is 120gig SATA and one 200gig IDE my SATA hardrive has windows installed on it and my 200gig is a storage drive.

Ok now to the problem when i restarted it, it came up with an error called: Pri Master Hard disk S.M.A.R.T command failed, and basically i can go into bios it detects it and all etc but it won't start up just gets to the windows logo loading screen, then when i disconnect the 200gig IDE computer starts perfectly and everything working. I doubt it can spontaneously just fuck itself up, but i have not figured out the exact problem i know nothing is wrong with my 120 gig SATA, but i have not been able to run CHKDSK on my 200gig IDE since it freezes up before it even gets to the testing.

So guys if any of you have got any suggestions on how to fix this I would be very greatful, I still have a list of things i can try but it is slowly coming to an end so yeh, I know that Problems with SMART are serious and most likely will result in changing the hard drive but usually the drive does not get detected if that is the case, so yeh guys help me out i have alot of important shit that i have lately downloaded that i haven't had a chance to backup as it happened so suddenly.

0 0

Try to set the jumper on the 200gig as SL(Slave)

0 0

tried that already no good

0 0

I suggest updating to most recent BIOS if you haven't already done so. It sounds like some kind of weird conflict on the mobo. And of course go into BIOS and make the SATA the boot drive. duh.

and another thing you should do is consider getting an external casing for your 200 gig IDE hard drive. more convenient! There great. This would be one true way to fix this.

0 0

I agree with ^ if updating your bios doesn't work companys such as this one can repair the hard drive…

http://www.harddriverecovery.org/

I've had them go bad on me before, and its very lame…

if they can't repair the hard drive, they have a high recovery rate and are confidential with the data they recover…

hope that helps..