Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

External HDD probs

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

Hey, ive had my ext HDD for about 3 months now and never had any problems with it but jsut today it is appeaing in the device manager but not in my computer so i cant access it :( i was jut wondering if anyone knew what wrong or how to fix it. Thanks :happy:

0 0

unplug it..shake it a little, turn off your pc, plug it in, turn both on…

when you shake it a little, if you hear something moving..RMA it

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

RMA? Revolutionary Military Affairs ?

0 0

Return Merchandise Authorization..where did you get your ext hdd?

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

Ah, kk. Maplin :happy:

0 0

Did you do what i suggested?

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

Yup, i shook it and i heard a rattle but then saw it was the wire hitting the side of my bed :$ then i restarted and unpluged it and everything…still nothing :(

0 0

Have you tried accessing it by it's drive letter? Sometimes my memory stick refuses to appear in my computer, but I can type it's letter into the run box and it will open fine.

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

Thats the first thing i tried :(

0 0

RMA it..or take it apart and see whats inside..but it may void the warrenty

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

ok…well i cant take it apart coz it uses weird screw heads and i dont think i can take it back, i only have the box and none of the papers or anything :(

0 0

Shake it harder.

;)

0 0

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it in Device Manager? Update driver? Have you looked for "unknown device" or yellow !'s on items in Device Manager? A different USB port?

If none of that works, right-click My Computer, go to Manage, find Disk Management, and make sure there is a drive letter assigned to the external drive.