Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Want to download Linux.

0 0

Hi, I am not all that fantastik with the hacking art yet, but i have learned through my reserch that Linux is a good thing to have on ure comp. And oddly enough, i have a cuple cd's that have lunix on them. So I was wondering what the disadvantiges, an advantiges of lunix is and if i really should go to all the truble of downloading it. Then if it is infact a good idea to put it onto my comp. How do i go about doing it? Do i have to re-format the whole comp(deleate everything?) or what? please reply.

0 0

you dont have to format it

you can partition the drive so so many gigs goto windows and so many gigs goto linux…

dont ask me how because i dont have linux on my comp either…if i need linux i use live discs…i could help you set up a live disc if you want teyre good if you wanna learn and try it out before you put it on your comp….

pm me if you want to do that:radio:

0 0

This is a quote from my article: (http://hellboundhackers.org/articles/627-Other-Challenges-Help.html) "Challenge 5 Description: Install Linux on your box linux is great because is completly open source, meaning you can see it's code, alter it's code and add code. this makes it great for programmers, hackers and computer oriented people of all sorts. there are many different distributions available out there you should start with a beginner-oriented one (and people will argue with me on this and theyre probably right so dont listen to me) read here on their differences http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Linux_distros and choose from the following Debian, Ubuntu (my personal favorite), slackware, gentoo, freeBSD, openBSD, fedora core 6, mandrake, KDE go to their websites and read on them or just go to ubuntu.com and save yourself all the trouble (i'm gonna be killed for this)"

so go to those links, read some about linux and youll see differences. abuot your current information dont worry distros usually come with partitioning programs to avoid that.

0 0

Thank's, both of you. Everything u both said is very interestig and helpfull. But i still have a cupple more questons.. Ok, I have the cd's i want to use. Now i just dont understand half the stuff the cd is asking me when i am downloading it. Could someone help me with this? Priferably over msn. If that is not possable. I will just have to ask all the questions as they pop up. And wate for a response. So if anyone has an msn account name they are willing to give me, pm it to me please.