Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

VIDEO CARD

0 0

Hello all,

Im sure most of you know who I am if you've been on HBH since the very beginning - im ID=11 so you should laugh at me for these following questions. Anyway,

I have an Alienware. An in my stupidity opted for a very fast computer with an INTEGRATED board. I know that I cannot change this, but that is besides the point. I have a lappy and I want to know if I can perhaps add a video card somewhere on my lappy or perhaps overclock my board.

Here is the specs:

Everything is top notch except the board. Imagine this setup like 3 years ago :P it was better then :)

Report Date: 01/12/2007 Report Time[hr:mm:ss]: 19:52:22 Driver Version: 6.14.10.4497 Operating System: Windows XP* Professional, Service Pack 2 (5.1.2600) Default Language: English DirectX* Version: 9.0 Physical Memory: 2031 MB Minimum Graphics Memory: 16 MB Maximum Graphics Memory: 64 MB Graphics Memory in Use: 8 MB Processor: x86 family 6 Model 13 Stepping 6 Processor Speed: 2000 MHZ Vendor ID: 8086 Device ID: 3582 Device Revision: 02

basically it is 64MB integrated intel board. I want to be able to play at least some games as I have left the hacking scene quite a while ago. #1 is there any point in overclocking it and is it possible. #2. Can i do anything with this board at all and if not can I add a board somewhere? Please note that it IS a laptop and a rather small one at that (4 or so pounds) It is an alienware Sentina of sorts.

Later All and I like what you have done with the place haha ;)

0 0

Hey what's up man?

…Do you really want to overclock a laptop dude? I mean, maybe people do it, but to me, that just screams over heating nightmare as grindordie mentioned. Having everything essentially crammed together in that tight space means little to no airflow…well…the little that it does get isn't very much…and all the parts being so tightly packed means more consolidated heat. OC'ing the thing might melt it in your lap if you aren't careful…

I would seriously advise getting another, and getting a decent board (don't mean to slam your PC…)

0 0

Haha ya thanks grind lol. Ya i was falling out about the time you came to HBH. Well you have to put into account that I got this lappy years ago and its micro. Too bad I dont have enough money to totally make a beast haha. But ok so OC a lappy = bad.

How bout somehow upgrading it? I have that opening where you put your wireless card (forgot the name) maybe something might be able to go there? i dont know something besides buying a new system :)

0 0

Well you'll still have a bit too small memory and a not-very-fast CPU if it's 3 years old, even if you were to upgrade your graphics. I suggest you invest in a new one.

0 0

you might be able to slap some RAM into it…im too lazy to reread it and see how much you have, but it helps a LOT. Get Corsair if they do laptop, dont think they do though..they might.

0 0

contact alienware and ask what upgrades are possible, if its intergrated graphics you wont be able to upgrade that and you might be able to upgrade the cpu.

edit: oops dident read all of it, you wont be able to upgrade the graphics.