Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

graphics card issue

0 0

Card and drivers seem to install ok. but monitor shows gibberish or verticle lines but no icons or windows. Original VGA port works fine. im using a GeForce 5200 PCI install problem on Dell E310

0 0

Is it a new graphics card or something? When did the error occur?

0 0

you might have to go into the bios and turn off the onboard vga, for dells i think it is F2 at the splash screen. im not sure what page of the bios its on though. also, u might want to check how high the refresh rate is set, some monitors wont handle over 60Hz period.

0 0

I did go through bios and thats not working……..the refresh rate is at 60…….it is a new card this oucors when i plug the monitor into the card

0 0

Has it ever occured to anyone that it may just be a general error with the card itself..:|

0 0

does the error occur only when in Windows? or do u get the error in the POST screens also. if it happens only in windows, it probably means windows is defaulting to a resoloutioin your monitor cant cope with (like 1600x1200) so before windows boots hit F8 and select "enable VGA mode" then change the settings until it works properly.

0 0

th3wh173h47 wrote: Has it ever occured to anyone that it may just be a general error with the card itself..:|

i doubt its a fault with the card as these particular series are notorious for doing crap like this