Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

problems with hardware after reinstalling win XP

0 0

Hi there, I recently had my box at a PC shop getting a fix and an upgrade, I got an 80gb hard drive, a 512mb ram, an ATI 9550 gfx and a benq dvd-ram. Ive been having problems with the dvd-ram after re-installing windows, due to a partitioning accident. Now my dvd ram doesn't show up. On my device manager It is called a "BENQ DVD DC DW1670". I want to burn a disk, but the PC guy, took out my old cd-rw to make room for my dvd-ram… this is really starting to annoy me, plus my mum is starting to ask questions… please help me, Ive tried looking for info, but there isnt much that is helpful.

0 0

sorry to be rude, but is no one going to (or able to) help me? Is there some info you need? please tell me, as it is starting to bug me I'm afraid… :(

0 0

well… if you ask me,your problem isn't very clearly explained. you had a cd-rom writer?replaced it with a DVD ram,to record stuff…

i find it very funny,that partitioning,as you stated, caused the problem of not being able to access the drive/device.

is everything connected properly? can the bios see the device?do you have the proper drivers? doesn't windows recognize it as an unknown device?and just lists it somewhere in the device list with a question mark?

if the guys in the shop installed everything for you,they've just popped in a cd,with apropriate drivers,and gave you none.i'm not sure if that's the case,but go to the manufacturers website,read up on it over there… that's the best shot you've got i guess.or…you could go back to that shop,where you handed of your pc for some time.

i hope that's of any help.

feel free to contact me if all else fails.

0 0

i havent checked the bios, how do you do it? on the device manager i get a question mark… i hope this helps, I tried installing a driver i found off the web, but it wont recognise it.