Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

AMD Vs Intel

0 0

Pledge your allegiance …

0 0

Go AMD :p

Far less power consumption and cooler than a Pentium. Also aot cheaper too ;)

0 0

AMD! and they usually out perform Intel! :D

0 0

I see we're all in agreement here. Anyone want to challenge us?

0 0

AMD of course you can over clock them easily and they out perform intel in my opinion, also there price is very appealing :). Plus i hate intel over priced pile of S***!

0 0

AMD is the best!!!

0 0

i'm using intel :) centrino am I bad now? ^^

0 0

I'd say amd. I have a amd 4200+ legendary processor.

The Manager
0 0

I have had my quiffs with AMD in the past. It is 100% dependant on WHAT you are using the processor for.

Server side applications Intel all the way. Business side applications Intel all the way. Gaming AMD all the way. Video Editing would be Intel now that Mac has changed :P any High performance processing would have to be an AMD because of the higher cache and bus performance they have over the intels.

One thing to bear in mind though…AMD used to be used because they were cheaper than Intel Chips…but it seems the opposite is now coming about with the new AMD chipsets.

Again I stress it is all dependant on what you use the system for to grasp what you want to have as a processor.

0 0

mickey wrote: I'd say amd. I have a amd 4200+ legendary processor. w00t… I only have AMD 1700+ :(

and i totaly agree with aldar hawk…. its just what you use it for

0 1

i''d actually vote for Intel.

i have a AMD at the moment and its really disapointing. i have a 2.4ghz AMD Processor, and it over heats all the freggin time, causing my comp to slow down, lag, or even restart.

Intel can also have the option to go Dual Core, which further increases the preformance.

when i get the cash to build my own PC, im deffo going for a dual core Intel Processor.

0 0

for what i do, i like intel, but i also have a dule 2.8ghz cpu :)

0 0

I am using my thinkpad a31p laptop with intel p4 mobile 2.8ghz 256mb ram

0 0

You can't make a general statement that AMD is better than Intel. I used to think that, until I discovered the cons/pros of each one. I currently have a Toshiba Qosmio ($2,399) http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/product/pdf_files/detailed_specs/qosmio_G35-AV600.pdf With an Intel Chipset. I have 1.8 GHz cpu, and 2 GB of RAM (physical). But, let me tell you something, it's fast as shit no matter what application I feed it. I had an AMD 2000+ on my (now late) HP Desktop, but I wasn't pleased with the performance that much.

I think people like to bash on Intel b/c it used to be a monopoly, and not too many people like big dogs. AMD is a great brand as well… it may suite your hardware best, but it might also not.

0 0

Oh, yah – I forgot to mention that my CPU has an Execute Disable Bit featrure in it which basically acts an antivirus.. and attempts to stop buffer overflow attacks directed towards the computer, before the code of an exploit is executed by the computer. I also has Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology (which is amazing for huge workloads, and balances power requirements when battery is low on your laptop).

0 0

AMD! AMD! AMD! AMD!

i have a 64 3500+, love it

saving for a new AMD X2 64 5000+ AM2 !!!!!!

pure sex in a chip…..:o

0 0

well both have different things that make them better from the other.

but i prefer Intel myself. I love computer games and playing them but I usually dont so i stick with Intel. As for AMD one word … Clockout :D

0 0

AMD !! I'm bias to AMD in this, because I've never had a PC with Intel, so it's all i know :). I currently have AMD Athlon 2400+, which is 2.1Ghz. I only have 256MB of RAM, which is annoying when I'm playing Counter Stirke (pm me with your username and ill add u to my friends list :)).

Anyway, I'd have to say AMD.

0 0

go to edit and yuo can delte it yourself :D

0 0

I'd have to say AMD.

Putting the two side by side and testing performance, it's easy to see that how many Ghz the processor is irrelivent. PCstats.com put an AMD 3200+ that clocks @ 2.0Ghx against a P4 that clocked at 4.0Ghz, and the P4 was still slower.
I haven't read into it that much, but from my understanding, it's the routing of the sockets inside the processor that makes AMD's processors faster. Games, graphics, and 3D rendering all run much faster on an AMD.
Plus AMD doesn't do any major advertising as supposed to Intel. When was the last time you saw an AMD TV commercial? The cost of your processor doesn't cover nearly as much advertising. Long story short, you can get a much better AMD processor for less than an Intel.

'Nuff said :)

Admin from hell
0 0

I stick with AMD myself, I've built computers for years and used both personally as well as ones I've fixed. I currently use the 3400+ w/thermaltake tower112 and 2 fans and cooling is no issue even clocked out. As far as people listing different proc. as being fast as shit your only used to what you have. I loved my 3400+ but just checked out the FX-62 and holy shit. Will be my next buy for sure.

0 0

Ja, ja. Me too its just I thought that was pretty cheap.:happy:

0 0

id have to change to intel for the while :p the core duo 2 chip pwns!!! :D

0 0

Mr_Cheese wrote: i''d actually vote for Intel.

Intel can also have the option to go Dual Core, which further increases the preformance.

when i get the cash to build my own PC, im deffo going for a dual core Intel Processor.

ya, im building a computer at the moment with intel dual core. also, more motherboards are compatable with intel.

0 0

Out of my computing experience; AMD > Intel.

0 0

i am an intel man all the way – dual core > amd

0 0

dual core > amd I'd have to agree with that, since I am going dule core :)

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

Well, on my laptop I'm using intel centrino for wireless, and tell you what, it's great! I have amd on my other pc, and cube's seen that heap of shit :p

0 0

I love AMD!!:D

Have a 3700+ Works perfectly.

0 0

hmmm yea it is System :p

0 0

My AMD Athlon64 3800+ is the shit xD And I really have no need for Dual Core.

0 0

Just so people know when Intel say 2.8 Ghz dual core it doesn't equal 5.6Ghz

0 0

Are you guyz mad? didnt you hear about the new conroe? costs almost nothing, and kicks AMD's ass! as a constant member in a hardware forum and an over colcoking team i think i know enough… AMD's CPU's currently CANNOT be matched to intel's conroe. A conroe E6600 far suprasses (dunno if theres such a word, heard it once, and i think i put it in the right syntax [im not english speaker ;)]) FX60, which is AMD's flagship, and costs much less. only problem with the conroe - the motherboards are currently pretty expensive, but soon prices will drop down. mean Intel beats the hell out of AMD, but lets wait and see what AMD is currently working on.

0 0

Mr_Cheese wrote: i''d actually vote for Intel.

i have a AMD at the moment and its really disapointing. i have a 2.4ghz AMD Processor, and it over heats all the freggin time, causing my comp to slow down, lag, or even restart.

Sheesh, get your Processor replaced by the manfuacturer if you can. AMDs should never be that buggy, I know personally. AMDs should run with less heat due to the fact that (in general) they use less voltage.

I personally use an AMD processor because of my gaming, but for anything else, I would definitely choose Intel. Intel is (Collectively) faster with their dual cores as of now, but AMD runs smoother.

0 0

Intel all the way that is the the situation on market now. intels conroe/allentale series is way better then any AMD for gameing and app, things might change but if your buying now go intel. i am not intels add guy:right:

0 0

Mr_Cheese wrote: Intel can also have the option to go Dual Core, which further increases the preformance.

Dual Core? What about AMD's X2? It's Dual Core too… :right:

0 0

People dont remeber that because they have been brainwashed…

0 0

and soon intel will release its quad-core…. please look at this - http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/core2duo-shootout_13.html

its a comparison between AMD's and Intel's by both price and performance.

The Athlon 64 FX-62 costs 800 while the Conroe E6600 is better and costs only 300!!! in the less expensive CPU's they are about the same….

0 0

as said numoris times in the thread its wat u want to use it for i use intell most of the time wht ever comp i have now its a duel core, but iv had amd once before and i found it ok it overheated quite a bit, and i no friends tht have booth and like it.

0 0

May I just append to this thread, but Quad Core is SIC.

0 0

I use Intel but I've heard good things about AMD, never had one though.

0 0

AMD dual cores are 100 times better than Intels I build computers all day long and install windose on em. Intels heat more and arent as fast. (and they have weird fans that I'm allways afraid to put since I fear they will break the motherboard lol)

0 0

Obviously a man who knows his stuff.

0 0

i was building my computer 2 weeks ago and i couldnt decide between intel or amd. went on newegg and saw that a 2.8 ghz amd is only $120 whereas an intel would have been 220…. bought my entire setup for $350 and i am frickin AMAZED at the results

amd + mobo = 210 6800 geforce = salvaged hard drives + optical drives = salvaged 4 gb of ram = salvaged but u can get it for $90 nowadays fancy case, lights, fan controllers, destruction of brain cells putting the thing together = priceless :p power supply = won one for free at xoxide.com. 730W hiper psu.

now the amd proccessor was WICKEDFRICKINAMAZINGLYEASILY overclocked to 3 ghz. its a dual core btw. the video card was overclocked to 425/818mhz the ram stayed the same

i get 6000 3dmarks on 3dmarks 05… any1 up for challenging me for the price i payed for that computer? amd definetly has much better results for the price of it. i play cs at 45% cpu usage (g15 ftw lol). my heatsink costs $21 (got it for a buck) and it keeps the cpu under 40 degrees constantly. if any1 needs help buying/building a computer please pm me, ull save some money, lots of wrecked braincells, and 90% chance that ull get better results than if u do research urself

0 0

There should be a law against bumping threads that are OVER A YEAR OLD. Seriously, someone lock this thread.