Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

booting from floppy but doesn't see Raid Controller

0 0

Hey guys! ..thanks for looking @ my problem and I will like to thank you in advanced!! ..

So here is it:

I am setting up an "unattended set up." without a CD. Basically I want to boot from floppy to install i386 which I have on my hdd. (it's all legal!) My problem is when you boot from floppy it see's it as msdos and doesn't reconize the raid controler. How can I make this work? Here is my winnt.sif

;SetupMgrTag [Unattended] UnattendMode=FullUnattended TargetPath=\WINDOWS OemSkipEula=Yes OemPreinstall=No

[UserData] ComputerName=HOMENT FullName="My Name" ProductKey=----***** OrgName="Who Cares, Inc."

[GuiUnattended] ProfilesDir="D:\Documents and Settings" AdminPassword=* TimeZone=4 EncryptedAdminPassword=NO OEMSkipRegional=1 OemSkipWelcome=1

[LicenseFilePrintData] AutoMode=PerServer AutoUsers=9999

[Networking] InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

[Identification] JoinWorkgroup=MYHOMEIP

[Data] AutoPartition=0 MsDosInitiated="0" UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[Display] BitsPerPel=32 Xresolution=1280 YResolution=1024

[TapiLocation] CountryCode=1 Dialing=Tone AreaCode=408

[RegionalSettings] LanguageGroup=1

[Branding] BrandIEUsingUnattended=Yes

[URL] Home_Page=http://www.google.com Search_Page=http://www.google.com

[Proxy] Proxy_Enable=0 Use_Same_Proxy=0

I am using Deploy.cab so I have the regular setup their.

Just so you have everything here is the specs: System (C:) 20GB Docs (D:) 91GB PageFile (P:) 5GB Store (S:) 106 GB —–I have it mirrored— Store (S:) 106 GB —–I have it mirrored— Temp (T:) 5GB

Now what I done was dual booted Windows Server 2003 Standard on C & D but it's not what I want to do. What's going on right now is the .bat file is edited and install's it to C:\\ but I don't want to have to look @ that everytime I restart my server and later on it's going to be a pain when I want to add scripts. But just for fun I will show you the script:

@rem SetupMgrTag
@echo off

set AnswerFile=.\winnt.sif
set SetupFiles=s:\i386

s:\i386\winnt32 /syspart:c /tempdrive:c /s:%SetupFiles% /unattend:AnswerFile% /copysource:lang

..so that's where I am at the moment. I'm stomped. But I will take a brake on this and learn to slipstrim sp1 to s:\i386. Fun ey?

Thanks and I hope someone can help!!

0 0

You need to load another Floppy Diskette with raid controller drivers, otherwise the setup program has no idea how to read the data, or write any data to a hard disk.