Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

SonicWall Firewall? yes or no?

0 0

Hey,

Ok, as most of you know I just got a new server.. so I am really thinking about now is what firewall should I get.. My eye is caught on this: Sonicwall Tele3 TZ Firewall

But as I never set up a network or managed a server before I was wondering you're input. I'm using a Windows Server 2003 platform if that makes any diff. I also have 3 other computers which I am networking with. 2 running Windows XP Pro, and the other Windows Media Center 2005. I may set up a wireless network from that to my laptop. So what firewall? :p

Banned
0 0

SwiftNomad wrote: Hey,

Ok, as most of you know I just got a new server.. so I am really thinking about now is what firewall should I get.. My eye is caught on this: Sonicwall Tele3 TZ Firewall

But as I never set up a network or managed a server before I was wondering you're input. I'm using a Windows Server 2003 platform if that makes any diff. I also have 3 other computers which I am networking with. 2 running Windows XP Pro, and the other Windows Media Center 2005. I may set up a wireless network from that to my laptop. So what firewall? :p

I hear the sonic is pretty good, as far as the second post, Im not too sure. Im not the best with servers.

Bl4ckC4t

The Manager
0 0

http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Promotion_C2&childpagename=US%2FLayout&cid=1145389418385&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper

That is a good router if you want VPN access and wireless.

http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Product_C2&childpagename=US%2FLayout&cid=1139845136473&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper

That one is good for standard Router uses.

I prefer to stick with the big names like Cisco, Linksys and D-Link for Routers. though I have been known to own a Planet Wireless Router ;)

Hope this helps you out Swift.

0 0

Yeah for sure, so I really don't need any hardware firewalls. Ok, I did like that Wireless-G VPN Router with RangeBooster WRV200! It looks sexy as hell. I hate doin' port forwarding though. rofl, it's cool though. Thanks for the help. I'll let you guys test my network when I am done..

SwiftNomad