Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

building my own gaming pc with eBay....

0 0

ok, I got this computer from a friend. I have decided to upgrade it to a gaming pc. I have been looking on ebay and finding some good deals on parts. what I need to know though is what equipment should I put into this? it is already a working computer (minus i am having online problems, but that is in my other thread….) so all I am gonna do is upgrade it. I have no clue what all is in it, but if you tell me how to find out, i will do so and get back to you on that. I am currently looking at the following:

ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 motherboard AMD Athlon 64 3000+ processor Western Digital Caviar SE WD800JD 80GB HDD LiteOn 16x DVD-ROM NVIDIA GeForce 6600 graphics card 11-Bay ATX Side Window Case -No PS (Grey/Black) Creative Labs SoundBlaster Live 24-Bit PCI Sound Card

But I want to know from some of your perspectives…. where shoudl I start? what should I put into it? lemme know guys….

0 0

Harddrive:Go to Mycomputer>> local disk>> right click or look at the lower tool bar.

Ram: Run>>type in dxdiag>> on there it should tell you how much ram you got.

Processor speed: Run>>dxdiag>> Same as above.

0 0

erm, what you want: 2gb ram ( min) 4ghz processor ( prob wont get thi sbut you get what i mean) AMD 64 I'd say ( more a opinion) keybord wireful (lol) optic mouse,

but then I dont know that much abou t hardware.

0 0

Optic mouses own :D, Oh you want to get a surround sound system. Perfect for gaming.

0 0

ok ebay is sometimes a good choice. If ur lucky ull get a good piece of hardware. But usually u get a heavily used piecea crap. Well i dunno maby ur luckyier than me but i tried and i got ripped off. :(

0 0

honestly…. can some admin please delete all the sigs of users w/ wayyy too big ones, i see tons of people that have large ones that make you have to scroll down a ton to just read the dam post

all that has been said in this thread is the following, yet you have to scroll a ton to read it all:

ok, I got this computer from a friend. I have decided to upgrade it to a gaming pc. I have been looking on ebay and finding some good deals on parts. what I need to know though is what equipment should I put into this? it is already a working computer (minus i am having online problems, but that is in my other thread….) so all I am gonna do is upgrade it. I have no clue what all is in it, but if you tell me how to find out, i will do so and get back to you on that. I am currently looking at the following:

Radeon 9600 pro graphics card 11-Bay ATX Side Window Case -No PS (Grey/Black) Creative Labs SoundBlaster Live 24-Bit PCI Sound Card

But I want to know from some of your perspectives…. where shoudl I start? what should I put into it? lemme know guys…. Harddrive:Go to Mycomputer>> local disk>> right click or look at the lower tool bar.

Ram: Run>>type in dxdiag>> on there it should tell you how much ram you got.

Processor speed: Run>>dxdiag>> Same as above. erm, what you want: 2gb ram ( min) 4ghz processor ( prob wont get thi sbut you get what i mean) AMD 64 I'd say ( more a opinion) keybord wireful (lol) optic mouse,

but then I dont know that much abou t hardware.

Optic mouses own , Oh you want to get a surround sound system. Perfect for gaming. ok ebay is sometimes a good choice. If ur lucky ull get a good piece of hardware. But usually u get a heavily used piecea crap. Well i dunno maby ur luckyier than me but i tried and i got ripped off.

0 0

ok, i tried the 'dxdiag' command in run and got this….

"cannot find the file 'dxdiag' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available."

wat do I do now?

0 0

instal directX (look it up)

0 0

wolfmankurd wrote: 2gb ram ( min) 4ghz processor ( prob wont get thi sbut you get what i mean)

i'm running on 1gb ram and i think thats enough, i think 2gb ram is a bit too much. maybe games in the future will use more ram but for now i think 1 gb is enough..

he is right about the processor though…;)

0 0

Hey man, good to see your not be sucked in by anything dodgy and looking for the best prices. Pc prices fluctuate ALOT , wether it be from EBAY, A wholesaler, to vendor specials so do your research.

Your Specs look nice and would make a decent sys .. But some advice (BTW your specs are quite similiar to mine so ill give you some advice from someone who basically built this system )

go an AMD 64 3000+ ( its best value for buck within the ranges.. if you wish to go something better than this make surer you make a significant leap to say a 4Ghz model as AMDs runnig at lower clock speeds but give the same performance asd their pentium equivalent .. All CPUs are made on the same production line.. they aint designed to run at certain set speeds but some are merely faster than others and they get classed as the faster cpu whereas one that doesnt perform so well gets set at a lower clock speed then its threshold and this becomes your lower speed chip get the picture ? ie AMD 3000+ runs at 1800MHZ and say a AMD 3400 + mite only run at 2000MHZ now paying another 40-50 au dollars doesnt justify the small amount of mhz increase that could be obtained by an overclock

i was originally lookn at buying a 6600 .. But go for a MSI 6600GT .. the GT model performs alot better (check out tomshardware) at hardly a price jump

Err yes the Western digital drives are quality ..but trust me 80G isnot enough ! Go a 200G model atleasy
think about it as kewl.. when i run out of space and have to fork out money for another harddrive you go out and buy another 200 then you have a massive 400G worth of SATAd storage space compared to running out of an 80 G HDD and having to fork out again for another hdd only to hvae a mere 160G of space

get a 5.1 channel sound system defianetly.. as a upgrade later on if you have to

on a side note Nothing makes you value your pc more than something thats is pimped and GLOWS likes their is no tomorrow, That chruns through your games like anti-aliasing gone balistic, or pissing off the neighbours with a decent sound system with a sub behind it. Add a HDTV card, and a 21 inch flatscreen montior to it and theres nothing comparible to waking up and watching music videos in the morning while laying in bed.. LOL

Pcs rock …
yeah i love my box …cant you tell ;)

Yeah thats my 2cents neyways hope it helps

0 0

I've had a few nasty experiences on eBay with hardware :( Make sure you check the responses of customers to the person your buying from. I've learnt this the hard way.:(