Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

windows 98 patching

0 0

I just got another computer. It needed a modem, and I found a old one from my parent's computer. I put it in, F***ed around some, and finnaly after 4 hours, got the driver for the modem so it could finally work. Now, I am trying to get my netscape service downloaded (i put the file on a cd) but it says i gotta have IE 6.0 or better. The guy who helped build it said something about gtting the patches for the 98 bc it was the barebones starter 98. What do I need to do? thanks in advance….

0 0

i'm just finished formating/reinstalling my old laptop which uses win98 and i used the online "windows" update. but i don't think that will get you far.

i suggest to look for the MS win98 updates and burn those on a disk. or get your copy of IE6. you can find all that on microsoft.com or you can just google the stuff.

(i took me about 15 spreaded houres to fix my laptop but don't get desperate it might seen hard but every thing is posible in a way)

Good luck!

0 0

Ok, I got IE 6 downloaded onto a cd, went to run it…. and it needs online to download IE6 fully…. what do i do now?

0 0

try to find the full package. i had kind of the same problem with DirectX i needed to instal on a island PC (one without internet) and i found a full package i guess there will be a full instal for IE6 to … somewhere ;):(:):D

0 0

well, I wanna make sure I hooked the modem up right. I installed it, and noticed an area where maybe a wire or something would plug in on it…. Do I need naything there or what? How can I check if the modem is installed correctly? Also note, this modem could be bad….